tube bumper - who's rig is this?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know who's rig this is or how they fabbed this tube bumper in the front? Think it looks awesome and great clearance. Totally want to steal this for my KJ :worship:

Thanks

Attachments

• 2005-custom-jeep-liberty-front-view.jpg
    2005-custom-jeep-liberty-front-view.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 149

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know who's rig this is or how they fabbed this tube bumper in the front? Think it looks awesome and great clearance. Totally want to steal this for my KJ :worship:

Thanks

I think it's an aftermarket tj bumper that he modded to fit. I'm going to be going that route for my bumper.

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this one but it doesn't look as wide. I bet it was just custom made which I may just get a local machine shop to do. Doesn't look too too difficult

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all really comes down to how much you want to pay and what type of design you want. If you can't find what you want online, just make your own :weld:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually its a fabtech bumper....

FWIW you can also use a trail gear bumper, same thing as fabtech but a lot cheaper

He (INC) used a fabtech bumper with a harbor freight winch plate.

Im currently working on mine but its a trail gear bumper

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363183940627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363183940627.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 60
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363183957961.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363183957961.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 67
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363183977422.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363183977422.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 57

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great thanks. yeah i noticed the four vs two vertical bars. think I'll get the trail gear one and just cut out two of them. think the two bars of the fabtech one looks cleaner. the pictures in the lost thread are dead. any idea how it was fixed to the frame? also, did they sawsall the ends of the frame off? what about the corner lights they put in place of the factory fogs cutout in the grill cover? this is my next project for sure

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually its a fabtech bumper....

FWIW you can also use a trail gear bumper, same thing as fabtech but a lot cheaper

He (INC) used a fabtech bumper with a harbor freight winch plate.

Im currently working on mine but its a trail gear bumper

That's the bumper I'm going to be adding to my rig not the one that INC was running

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great thanks. yeah i noticed the four vs two vertical bars. think I'll get the trail gear one and just cut out two of them. think the two bars of the fabtech one looks cleaner. the pictures in the lost thread are dead. any idea how it was fixed to the frame? also, did they sawsall the ends of the frame off? what about the corner lights they put in place of the factory fogs cutout in the grill cover? this is my next project for sure

He's got the corner lights in the fog spot since he needs front turn signals. if you noticed he cut off the fender area where the factory ones were located. I'm going to be welding brackets to attach my bumper to the frame, that might be what he did.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He also cut the wings off the unibody....DONT DO THAT!

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know these are the turn signals. I'm asking where they came from to replicate..

He also cut the wings off the unibody....DONT DO THAT!

The wings off the unibody..why should you not? Then you have that steel sticking out either side. doesnt look too good in the picture you sent of the view from underneath.. :superhack:

It looks like there are brackets on the bumper already that you can fix to the top of the steel underneath

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long time ago when INC was a member I pmed him about his rig he said that the front flexed too much. Im not gonna be cutting on mine.

If you cut yours make sure you post the results. INC had alot of variables that went into his rig. IMO its a nice looking rig but built very cheaply and not thought out very well reason why it changed hands more times than I feel to count.

If I was you id take a good long look at the front and see if its ok to cut them off.

Just my 2 cents

UPDATE: after looking at it the wings seems to be attached to the fender wells. You could cut them off and MIGHT be ok, but if you climb under the passenger side and look at it and trace it up into the hood you can see what I mean. Its all tied together.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Start cutting parts off and it will weaken the whole front structure (unibody)
If you ever notice those that started hacking away at parts they disappear not too long after :icon_lol:

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think this supports anything less the plastic of the factory bumper. Im talking about the very ends of the structure (i havent had the plastic off recently tho and cant recall exactly where it fixes etc). just mean trimming it back so it doesnt stick out so so far. if not, maybe can cover the face of it with some 1/8 sheet. will have to move the washer bottle too which i have an aftermarket resevoir i already picked up from autozone. i think it's doable

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sooo. i checked with 4wheelparts and trail gear and this bumper has been discontinued by them. they said it has been a while and they dont know of any retailers that still have inventory of it. man what a bummer. if anyone has come across this thing pls let me know!

thanks

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sooo. i checked with 4wheelparts and trail gear and this bumper has been discontinued by them. they said it has been a while and they dont know of any retailers that still have inventory of it. man what a bummer. if anyone has come across this thing pls let me know!

thanks

I got mine from ebay a few weeks ago.