Trobow's Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem autoboy and yes we take them apart for fun ( and try new things) one of my buddys swears that all I have to do is put a wrench up to my bolts on the suspension and they all come off automatically. I have tried as many as 3 different setups in the same day before, measuring, driving, removing /replacing etc.
You are correst in that the CVs and rear ujoints will run on a different plane after a lift and may have problems. But then they also would of went out soon by leaving it the way it was as well!
Its all a crapshoot really the same as any lift. Make one change and it affects 4 other items

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you recommend 2 upper rear iso's and 2 lower?

Can you get them both from a dealership?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you recommend 2 upper rear iso's and 2 lower?

Can you get them both from a dealership?

either ones will work if you install lower bumpstops, I had two extra lowers in for 50,000 miles at least cause thats what I had laying around after I sold my top ones to a "paying customer" Not many of those since everyone is cheap, so you sell them the good stuff!
;):D

Boiler

Reaction score
yes.

You can just use extra upper isolators. They are cheaper and it makes no difference where you add the extras. They are about half the price of lowers IIRC.

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice......tons o' room for some fat rubber.

how many ISO's did u add in the rear ?
and the front, what did u add there ? apart from the 927's.

Midgear

Reaction score
can you PM me a list of parts / pieces that you used in this lift- because that's the height that I wanna be sitting at.

Looks bad ass.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm gettin in on this a little late but would like to know, does anyone make an adjustable trailing arm for the rear? You know, with heim joints and stuff. The pinion angle could be corrected somewhat by shortening the rear trailing arms a wee bit. That might help with the u-joint problems. I know I'd love to have arms like that. I chew through a pair of u-joints every 50-60K kms.

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the front I added a Boiler Shim and 4 nut clevis.

Total of 3 isos in the rear.

Midgear

Reaction score
is it a sort of spacer? or.. wtf?

I'm still friggin' ******** when it comes to specific suspension components. someone post a picture lol

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up in the wheel well on your KJ. You can see the spring. That little piece of rubber that is between the top of the spring and the body, that is an isolator.

TexasRock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ptsb5a,

I think jeepbyal sells adjustable lower control arms that you can move the diff angle up to take some stress off the u-joints...

Keith