Trim removal. '07 KJ.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I don't break the clips, how do I remove the Trim panel on the right side. (#2 in the pic)
You must be registered for see images attach

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get something that won't damage it or use your hand and pull from the left side. Ive had the wbole dash out before..no big deal. Not hard to do

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i always just pull down the kick panel then just yank them out, feels like youre going to break something but they are just held in there good

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll try tomorrow. Need a place to mount my USB ports. I think the right side is perfect for them.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll try tomorrow. Need a place to mount my USB ports. I think the right side is perfect for them.

Depending on the width of the USB panel you may need to do some cutting of the area behind the trim piece. There is one opening that is about 1.5" wide and slightly shorter than the trim piece and it's right in the middle of the trim piece.

Post pics when you finish the project! :waytogo:

Bob

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why there? There's not much room at all back there. Whh not mount them in the center console like I did. Out of the way and hidden. Granted you'll need to run some wire and cut some plastic but it turns out great

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why there? There's not much room at all back there. Whh not mount them in the center console like I did. Out of the way and hidden. Granted you'll need to run some wire and cut some plastic but it turns out great

Do you have a pic? Still trying to figure out where to mount them. Thinking about down in the area next to the lighter also.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pic? Still trying to figure out where to mount them. Thinking about down in the area next to the lighter also.
Yes. I will take one before I leave for work. Give you some good ideas

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The white cable is for android auto/car play which runs to the back of my radio (funny how I just got that radio and I just bought the avic 8100nex which should arrive tomorrow) which is why I have one cable going to the center console for my wireless charger and one to the radio because my new radio that arrives tomorrow has android auto/carplay. Only reason I ran two separate cables is because the charging output is not that great.

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some single flush mount USB ports coming. I guess I need to pull some panels to see where the best place will be. I keep my iPhone in a holder to the right of the wheel and would like one for charging somewhere close. Also for GPS or may just change my radio to GPS aftermarket radio.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine similarly to teeje's but brought the power/lightning cable out from behind the trim piece you're wanting to cut for the USB port. I use a Scoshe magnetic mount and ran the cable from behind the Pioneer head unit out to the area under the steering wheel. Then just fed the cable out from the fold down knee panel and up to the phone. The cable is held in place tightly enough that it stays put and it's just long enough to get to the bottom of the phone.

Bob

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine similarly to teeje's but brought the power/lightning cable out from behind the trim piece you're wanting to cut for the USB port. I use a Scoshe magnetic mount and ran the cable from behind the Pioneer head unit out to the area under the steering wheel. Then just fed the cable out from the fold down knee panel and up to the phone. The cable is held in place tightly enough that it stays put and it's just long enough to get to the bottom of the phone.

Bob
How do you have that mounted?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.