Transmission Shifts Hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really know how long my libby has been doing it, but if I accelerate and my rpms go up and I let off the gas, the trans will shift to the next gear very hard. It's very audible and you can feel it inside the cab. It usually happens from first to second gear. It wont even be a hard acceleration, just enough to get moving. It's a big "CLUNK". Is this normal or should I be concerned and probably have to pay some random goon to touch my jeep? Its a 2007 sport 4x4. Any incite or help will be appreciated.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly insight...but I get that too in my 2004. It's a 4 speed auto. I just attributed that to the fact that Chrysler can't make a transmission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's where the standard "...when was the last time you had the transmission professionally flushed, new filter and ATF+4?..." post comes.

The reason it's the standard response is that's the first thing you should do if you are experiencing harsher shifts than in the past.

And don't go chasing "random goons" to do the flush & filter. The ****** is the spot for reputable, professional transmission shops - if not your dealer. With the transmission, "If you go cheap you'll go broke" trying to get it right. :pp:

Bob

Last edited: