transmission fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fester

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I need a little help. I checked the transmission fluid in my 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7 4x4 and on the stick shows 4 dots. When the engine was warm/hot I checked it when it was still running and it was at the second dot. I wasn't sure if that was normal or if I need to add some ATF+4 I called the dealer and was told to get the jeep at normal running condition and the turn it off and check it in 8 minutes and it should be between the 2 and 3rd dot. To me it didn't seem right so I thought I would ask you all on here. Thanks Fester

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
No owners manual? 45RFE is checked hot,running,in park. You have a 42RLE so not exactly sure with it.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normal running temp, in park, vehicle on level surface, fluid level should be in the cross-hatched area. If you have to add fluid then use ATF+4 only.

Dave

Fester

Reaction score
Where shoud the mark be?

thanks for the info... on the dip stick it has 4 dots where should the normal level be? and when do I decide to add more ATF+4?

Latest posts

Members online