Transmission Authority

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03silverrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking into a new 42RLE. I have code P0736 and its not going into reserve. Has anyone bought a re-manufactured unit from Rock Auto (Transmission Authority). Looks like they're offering a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty and its cheaper than one from ATS ($1900) without the torque converter? Any other places I should look into? I want it done right the first time.

03silverrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 42RLE supposedly has design flaws with the valve body. I would just rather pay upfront now and not have to worry about it down the line while I own the vehicle.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also typically don't trust RockAuto anymore since they do not know anything about the products that they sell.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd get the lowest mileage junkyard one you can find. Likely to be more trustworthy than a rebuilt one or new aftermarket one.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a used 42RLE on eBay from an auto recycler. Lower mileage than mine, small warranty, shipped on a pallet to my work (we have a forklift if necessary) and the driver and my pressman slid it into the back of my Astro from the liftgate.

Put it in, taking my time, replaced the speed sensors, made damn sure I blew out the cooler and lines with ****** cooler line cleaner cleaner first.

It's been in for 2½ yrs and 20,000 miles without a hiccup.