Transfer Case Shift Cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I broke the t-case shifter cable at the handle, i bent the gold part with the green bushing, how, i don't really know. At least, I believe it is broken because the green bushing where it would connect to the shift handle is bent at a 90degree angle. after manually shifting out of 4lo by using a hammer, i was finally able to drive home. So, i need a new t-case shift cable. Does anyone know how hard it is to replace the entire cable? my entire interior is taken apart already, I'm more concerned about the brackets under the vehicle, if i can just get the cable out of them or if i have to take the whole bracket out.... any idea?and does anyone know the part number of the cable itself?

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know the whole shift handle comes along with the cable. The cable is not serviced!

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did this exat same thing trying to remove the motor, i shifted the tcase into neutral and snap.... right after the handle.....
2 bolts on te transfercase, and a clip holding the cable to the tcase.. a few bolts under the console...

looksl ike im going to the wreckers.....

hope i get there before i starts snowing...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.