Trans filter pan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparky

Reaction score
Had to bring the wife's '07 Libby to the dealership because it felt like it was slipping out of gear (auto) and the ****** light came on. Dealer called me back this afternoon and said the ****** pan had rotted out?! $450 to replace it?! :freak3: I thought the pan was cast aluminum and wouldnt rot? Can someone chime in about previous experience with the pans and wether or not they've had issues?

Thanks,
>M<

JeepKj03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh do they rot out. I replace mine every time I do a fluid and filter change because it’s only 10 bucks to buy from the dealer. Now you can’t beat that. You are getting robbed if they want $450 to do that job. There must be a ton of labor charges or maybe gold plated pan.

Sparky

Reaction score
UGGG the only reason I took it to the dealer was because there no dipstick for the trans fluid. Is there a HOWTO to add a dipstick? Doees the '06 dipstick fit in place of the "service plug"?

fallstiger75

Reaction score
I concur, 05 libby, had to change the rotted pan, 10 bucks for the pan..450 for labor? no way, easy diy job, changed the filter while i was at it, some rtv, fluid(expensive),