Transmission pans, KJ vs KK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I scoured the forum, did the research... User "vettenuts" asked this same question back in 2012 but received no answer. Can anyone confirm that the 52852912AB trans pan originally used on 42RLE 03-06 had been superceded by the 52852912AC pan that is listed for 07-12?

Is there any reason to think that the -AC pan for KK's will not fit on a KJ(03 specifically)?

Was the only change increasing the pan depth, and a different debris magnet? Is it significantly deeper to change the amount of fluid needed?

Yes, I am aware of the deeper cast aluminum pan option. I am not prepared to invest in that, despite its awesomeness. Right now I need a not rusted out OE style replacement pan and to change out fluid and filter. Upgrades in this area can come later. Priorities and such.

Thank you to any replies.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm guessing they changed it for 07 because that's when variable line pressure came out. I would look up the fluid capacity for an 07 and compare it to yours. Otherwise I'd just start with the normal amount and top off as needed.

Latest posts

Members online