Trailer Tow Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mntnbkr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... it's been a while since I've been around here (surprised I remembered my log in info) since I traded in our old Liberty for a minivan :thumbsdown:.

Anyway, I'm looking at buying a '11 or '12 Liberty, but one caveat is that it MUST have the factory installed trailer tow package. I'm going to look at one tonight, and the sales lady that I spoke with over the phone confirmed that it was a factory installed package, but I want to be able to double check for myself. What can I look for that would indicate that it is in fact a factory option as opposed to an after market. I understand that the tow package adds auxiliary coolers for the engine, trans and steering, as well as the trailer sway control, but without being too familiar with these liberties, I just don't know where to look to confirm that all the pieces are in place.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one place to look is the hitch. the mopar hitch is very nicely done with only the 2 inch receiver hanging below the bumper line! aftermarket hitches usually have the whole hitch visible.
as far as coolers I don't know if the kk as a different trans cooler. it already has a decent one w/o the tow package.

I would also think build info from jeep.com would clue u into factory tow packages, with a vin search.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good. Nice KK. That has the factory tow package.

Pretty much look for the same things as a KJ.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tow package has the aux mechanical fan on the front of the engine. If the Mopar hitch was added w/o the tow package, it would not have the fan.

Latest posts

Members online