Rear Height - OEM Lift with Tow Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kiwi_outdoors

Reaction score
I have two KK libertys.

A 2008 with a Jeeping By Al (OME) lift front and rear, 2.5: nominal.
A 2011 with no known lift BUT with Factory tow package and HD cooling.
The rear hitch receiver heights are within 1/2" of each other.

So - I was wondering if a factory Tow Package includes taller (or stiffer) rear srpings thus resulting in much the same rear hitch height as my 2007 Jeep.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No is the simple answer
Tow package does not come with stiffer springs
Whats happening is the front of the unlifted one is way lower in front so it throws the back up somewhat higher
Measure the 11 and see where it sits
middle of the hub to bottom of the flare in front left on level ground
Then also we would need to know what springs you used on the 08 ( OME number ) since if they are OME they are not JeepinByAl, just bought from there
Also how long and miles there is on the 08 etc
many variables come into play but i would bet the 11s front springs have sagged , thus giving in the nose down stance which hikes the rear up
much like a dog standing, then lowering its front down, hindend always goes up some

kiwi_outdoors

Reaction score
well, its a moot point, the 2011 now has a Rough Country lift on it, installed by me, and the final heights at wheel wells are similar to the 2008 lifted Jeep (front locations are higher on the 2011). The Rough Country front coil-over struts just barely fit.