TPMS question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwerblo2

Reaction score
I just got new wheels and tires put onto my '09 KK. The place said two sensors were cracked and they didn't think they could get the other ones out so i bought 4 new ones. They told me that it would take a little driving to get the system to learn the new sensors so I took it home.

I drove ~250 miles and it still didn't start working so I took it back. They messed around with it some and told me that they reset everything with the OBDII tool, made sure the new sensors work and that itll have to be driven to learn it...again...

It still isn't working. The tpm light flashes for about a minute, then goes solid and the EVIC says to check TPM system. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be a magnet that came with the Jeep. Mine is attached to the floor jack, try looking there. Scroll through the menu on your EVIC, there should be an option to retrain tire sensors. You have to use the magnet to retrain them. From my owner's manual:

NOTE: The tire pressure sensors must be retrained after rotating the tires or replacing one or more sensors. If a wheel rotation is not followed by the retrain procedure, the system will not properly inform you of the correct vehicle location for a low or high pressure tire. The following describes how to use this feature:

1. Locate the training magnet in the glove compartment (shaped like a doughnut).
2. Press the MENU button until RETRAIN TIRE SENSORS is displayed.
3. Press the STEP button to select YES to retrain TPM sensor.
4. Press the MENU button to enter selection.
5. Display will read TRAIN LEFT FRONT TIRE.
NOTE: There is a 60 second timer for training the first tire and a 30 second timer between training the remaining tires. If either of these timers expire, the EVIC will
abort the training procedure.
6. Starting at the left front tire, place the training magnet over the valve stem until the horn chirps (This takes approximately 5 seconds).
7. Repeat step 6 working clockwise around the vehicle (Left Front, Right Front, Right Rear, Left Rear, Spare) until all five TPM sensor positions are trained.
8. Return magnet to storage location.

teckn9ne

Reaction score
the kk does auto set there is no magnet my guess is they used wrong one they might of used the one for the kj the part number for the kk is 56029479AB if i remeber right.Or u might have a defective one.It should of ser at 25-50 miles maxHope u get it fixed and was this a stealership.

bwerblo2

Reaction score
Ok here's an update.

The place put in the wrong frequency sensors. So i took it back again and they replaced them. Now the TPMS light has gone off and the EVIC will display all 4 tire pressures.

The thing is that the EVIC still says to check TPM system. Anyone have any idea what is going on? The pressures in the tires range from 32-35, it doesn't say low tire pressure it says check tpm system.

bwerblo2

Reaction score
I got them all up to ~34psi.

When i bought the car it came with a full size spare that does not have a pressure sensor in it. It never said check tpm system before I got new wheels :Frustrated:

Latest posts

Members online