TPMS emitters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of 4 emitters for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System. I have the EVIC but no tire pressure to send!

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U might want to find 5... I think you need to have the 5th on the spare for it to work properly. Someone might check me on that, but something to consider.

-Blu

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it can be 4 or 5, but if your EVIC is preprogramed for 4 you can have the dealer make it 5. 5 would be better so that if you swap the spare or do a 5 tire rotation you dont have one off from the others...

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPMS

Mine is set up for four. That suits me fine since I won't have the expense of purchasing, mounting and paying the dealer for the change. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm pretty dilligent about keeping my tires aired, so there is no doubt that the spare will be servicable if needed. I mainly want to bring the system on line to learn more about the relationship between tire pressure and heat (cold vs. hot) -- and, of course, for safety reasons. It's definitely NOT for the "gadget value". By the way, just got a RB1 nav radio. This is only to make me a better driver -- otherwise my wife might think it frivolous!

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you do find a set and go to install them make sure you post a section in the how to on this forum! i know i owuld like to know how to get it added to my liberty.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPMS

John,

There have been some changes in the '05. I believe there is a "basic" system which doesn't actually tell the tire pressure -- just whether it's within a predetermined range. The other is the "delux" system which, like all previous systems, actually reports the individual tire pressures.

The '03 to '04 system needs an EVIC with the TPMS feature and one emitter mounted in place of the conventional valve stem in each wheel. I think this would retrofit to '02 KJ's and through '04 KJ's (remembering that the '04 will lose "ambient air temp." function unless used with the '04 Liberty EVIC.

If you want to add this feature, I'm guessing you should have an EVIC from an '04(?)/'05 Liberty with the TPMS capability (am not sure that the 05 system is identical; the vendor had changed in '05). If you don't have an EVIC, refer to the 'how to' section for installation. If you do have one, all you need to do is unplug it and replace it; you can sell your old one on e-bay and re-coup some of your expense. They are pretty expensive from the dealer though. Starting from scratch, I'm guessing about $700 in parts plus labor as needed plus tire remounting and balancing expenses. If you're handy and can find the parts used, you can save lots!
If you decide to go ahead with it, I'm sure you can get some good help from this forum! :-k (or at least, lots of sympathy)!! #-o