Towing Question?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 4x4 2003 Sport Liberty. Can you use a Tow Dolly to tow my Jeep behind a Motorhome.

Also, If I tow the Jeep on a dolly or on 4 wheels, what needs to be done. Does the tranfer case need to go in Neutral??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
John

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have the A/T then just leave it in park and put the T/C in neutral. T/C in "N"=disconnected drive train. For more info it is explained in the owners manual if you have one.

Dave

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have the Owners Manual.
Are you saying to do that when Flat towing or Dolly Towing

I was told that you can't tow the Jeep on a Tow Dolly.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on what Dave said for flat towing.

Transmission in Park, transfer case in Neutral. Do NOT put the transmission in neutral or you'll destroy it.

To put the TC in Neutral, pull up the handle till it stops, push it to the right (toward the passenger seat) and you've now disconnected the drivetrain.

Bob

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well you have to put the ****** into N to shift the Xfer into N...then put the ****** into park.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have the Owners Manual.
Are you saying to do that when Flat towing or Dolly Towing

I was told that you can't tow the Jeep on a Tow Dolly.

Did you open the glove box don't look in the glove box look at the little cubby above the glove box in the dash. It would be covered up when you close the glove box. Most people don't think they have the owners manual when it hides in the cubby and they didn't know.