Too many hobbies already!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ascender

Reaction score
Good evening, ladies and gentleman, and all you people that own Jeeps, too.

I'll be picking up my new-to-me KJ in the morning, a 2004 Sport 4x4 with the 3.7, of course. I finally got sick of struggling to get my gigantic kludge of a 6.0L F-350 to start on cold nights, and just as tired of having to drive the massive hunk of repair bill.

Anyway, the KJ is nearly mint, obviously never been off of pavement unless the previous owner parked on his lawn. Only flaws are a broken passenger visor clip ($1 at the local yard) and a rear wiper that is totally non-functional. Again, probably an easy fix. I wouldn't mind getting about a 2" lift at some point. I'm already looking at JBA for that, but that's months down the line. Aside from that, I don't have any plans for major work on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Anyway, about me: I'm a flatbed trucker the past 10 years, and I play with toy cars for fun. Actually, they're big RC offroad trucks, all electric, insanely powerful, unbelievably tough, and more expensive than my last car. That's one factor in getting the KJ, so I can get in to places where I can have some real fun with the RC trucks!

I also like building big PVC air cannons. My current BFG will throw a can of Spaghettios 400yds, or put it through a car door from 30yds. That's at 120psi. My next project will be all-steel, and operate at over 500psi.

[YT]oCrWRKi5UGg[/YT]

Plus, I've got a 98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra waiting to donate a very stout, built 3800 to a newer car. I'm kinda looking for a Nissan 240SX to do that little project for a summer-only car. The Buick managed a [email protected] with that motor, back before it got hit a couple times. Motor's great, the rest of the car... yeah, not so much.

Anyway, hope to pick some brains around here, especially over that rear wiper issue. Looks like a nice place to hang out!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
And yet another one from Central Ohio
If you ever want to go for a ride in a lifted KJ let me know.
We've been known to lift a " few"
East side of Columbus here at the moment , before Toledo area, Jackson, Washington, Guernsey and Monroe County areas
Have pulled a flatbed my self for a while behind an old Pete fun job this time of the year:icon_lol:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like fun! (welcome)

Welcome. But, ladies and "gentleman"....are you sure you're in the right place? :happy175:
I'm sure there's one around here somewhere. There's just bound to be. Truth be told, I haven't met him yet either. :icon_lol:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun! (welcome)

I'm sure there's one around here somewhere. There's just bound to be. Truth be told, I haven't met him yet either. :icon_lol:

Hold on... THERE HE I....

Nope, that's not him either :happy175: :mexsmoke:

Bob

Ascender

Reaction score
Welcome. But, ladies and "gentleman"....are you sure you're in the right place? :happy175:

I did say "and all you people that own Jeeps, too".

Okay, so the wiper motor thing fixed itself, somehow. Typical MOPAR, lol. I've got other questions, though;
Is the Dana 30a aluminum housing really so fragile that putting in a locker can crack it? I'd like to put in an air locker, but not at the price of the JBA steel housing. Is the Eaton TrueTrac LSD a good alternative?

I don't plan on doing a lot of mudding or ******** crawling, but some of the place I'll be going are kinda hairy. I also don't want to turn it into a tank on the road.

I'll be picking up the JBA 2.5" Silver kit with Bilsteins as soon as my tax return comes in, as well as a set of 4.10 gears and a pair of TrueTracs. I'm already junkyarding for a full-time transfer case, too. I didn't even know it was an option for the Liberty until a few days ago.

Tommudd, I might take you up on that offer. In return, I'll put up an offer to come and shoot my big cannon, once it warms up a little.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I did say "and all you people that own Jeeps, too".

Okay, so the wiper motor thing fixed itself, somehow. Typical MOPAR, lol. I've got other questions, though;
Is the Dana 30a aluminum housing really so fragile that putting in a locker can crack it? I'd like to put in an air locker, but not at the price of the JBA steel housing. Is the Eaton TrueTrac LSD a good alternative?

I don't plan on doing a lot of mudding or ******** crawling, but some of the place I'll be going are kinda hairy. I also don't want to turn it into a tank on the road.

I'll be picking up the JBA 2.5" Silver kit with Bilsteins as soon as my tax return comes in, as well as a set of 4.10 gears and a pair of TrueTracs. I'm already junkyarding for a full-time transfer case, too. I didn't even know it was an option for the Liberty until a few days ago.

Tommudd, I might take you up on that offer. In return, I'll put up an offer to come and shoot my big cannon, once it warms up a little.

No its not that weak ( the front diff) actually installing a DTT or ARB will help since 98% that broke were from too much right pedal while spining and then one catching. .