To lift or not to lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My libby has a front u-joint and front strut out, i was going to replace these for both sides to even it out, but I was hoping that lifting the beast would be in the cards shortly. Should i replace only the broken strut and let it limp along until I can get it lifted or replace in a set until i get lifted, whats better for my suspension?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My libby has a front u-joint and front strut out, i was going to replace these for both sides to even it out, but I was hoping that lifting the beast would be in the cards shortly. Should i replace only the broken strut and let it limp along until I can get it lifted or replace in a set until i get lifted, whats better for my suspension?

If you just replace one side it is going to handle pretty funky. One being new will be stronger so when hitting bumps etc it will wallow more
Also installing a new shock on old springs, they will wear out pretty quick since it will be over working the shock

If you were closer I have 4 or 5 sets of worn shocks/ springs etc