What Should I Do?

• Debadge And Remove Brush Guard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Debadge And Leave Brush Guard

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Leave The Darn Thing Alone

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, no more badging. I really like how it looks now. IMO, it actually makes the Jeep look bigger, which I like. Also, I'm not all the concerned with other people noticing or admiring my vehicle. I keep it presentable, but I am the person that I really have to please.

For any one else who is considering doing this, I would definitely recommend having a claybar, bug and tar remover, and ScratchX on hand. It worked very well at getting the adhesive off.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trail Rated badge proves what Jeep says it does... not that you have 4 wheel drive.

Find me an '07 with 4x4 that doesn't come with a trail rated badge ;) My point is, they are ALL trail rated, so why broadcast it? And again, if someone wants to look down on it or comment on it not having one, I'll gladly show them that is can hold it's own.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Find me an '07 with 4x4 that doesn't come with a trail rated badge ;) My point is, they are ALL trail rated, so why broadcast it? And again, if someone wants to look down on it or comment on it not having one, I'll gladly show them that is can hold it's own.

Well there are OTHER Jeeps that don't come with a Trail Rated badge, which is what the badge is for. Your Jeep is above them. :p

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Marlon,
Try driving an Austin Mini in the states!
People ask "What is it?"
I reply "It's a Mini!"
People... "Yeah, it is Mini, but what is it?"
If I had a gun I'd be out of bullits!

Been there and done that... at work actually.

Girl: "Hey I parked this car but I don't know what it is."
Me: "OK, I'll go look at it."
Girl: "Here it is."
Me: "It's a Mini Cooper."
Girl: "This ain't no Mini Cooper."
Me: "Yes, it is. I know what darn near everything is as soon as I look at it. Now write that on the ticket."

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to go to Columbus (Ohio) to our main office for a meeting and ended up driving the Jeep instead of what they supply me to drive (a Ford Taurus) and I had to park in the parking garage down the street. I had left my window part way down by mistake and the Parking Garage Security guy put a note on my winshield stating "window part way down" funny part was under "type and color of vehicle" he had it exactly right ..... " Black Jeep Kilimanjaro Edition" !!!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I had to go to Columbus (Ohio) to our main office for a meeting and ended up parking in the parking garage down the street. I had left my window part way down and the Parking Garage Security guy put a note on my winshield stating "window part way down" funny part was under "type and color of vehicle" he had it exactly right ..... " Black Jeep Kilimanjaro Edition" !!!
Oh I can see one of our tickets right now:

Stall: 2104
Make: Jeep
Model: Kilimanjaro Edition
Color: Black
License: XXXXXXXX - Ohio
Damages: (Insert damages here.)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon,
Try driving an Austin Mini in the states!
People ask "What is it?"
I reply "It's a Mini!"
People... "Yeah, it is Mini, but what is it?"
If I had a gun I'd be out of bullits!

Fer real, '68 Sprite owner here. Every stop light...

"Hey man, what IS that thing?"
"Austin Healey"
"Where's it from????"
"England!"

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, no more badging. I really like how it looks now. IMO, it actually makes the Jeep look bigger, which I like. Also, I'm not all the concerned with other people noticing or admiring my vehicle. I keep it presentable, but I am the person that I really have to please.

For any one else who is considering doing this, I would definitely recommend having a claybar, bug and tar remover, and ScratchX on hand. It worked very well at getting the adhesive off.
A esier way to remove the badges is to use a heat gun(or hair dryer),heat the badges up some----WARNING,do not overheat the area or you will melt the paint-------then simply peel them off,90% of the time all the adhesive will come off with tha badge when they are heated.Be careful with some of that adhisive remover,it can stain your paint.The best stuff to use is wax and grease remover then apply some fresh wax to the area.Just be warned that if your KJ is older or sit outside all the time that after removing the badges you may still see where they sat since the paint underneath did no fade.

There is a product that makes short work of adhesive and pin stripping without hurting the paint.It's called a eraser wheel,just a gaint round eraser you put in a drill and go to work,kinda pricy though,usually about $60 but well worth it,last a long time to.

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much...I get a lot of compliments. Amazingly enough, it does look bigger when you debadge. I think it is because the hood looks wider because it is not interrupted by the "Jeep", and most vehicles do not have their name on the door, "Liberty" so once that is gone the profile looks longer. I like it a lot, I get a lot of compliments over at LOST

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I debadge the Jeep or not? Personally, I can't decide.
Hmmm... should I or shouldn't I let the forum decide for me. If you can't decide for yourself, I'd leave them alone. You could do a photoshop to help you decide.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't debadge the back.......makes it look too much like a Durango. Sides and front, ok though.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I wouldn't debadge the back.......makes it look too much like a Durango. Sides and front, ok though.

I'm 100% convinced that the 2nd Gen Durango and KJ Liberty were designed by the same team. You're not the only one who thinks they look too much alike.

(And I still don't like the debadged look.)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok......after looking at the "debadged" front I am starting to like the looks of it on the front.......... Not sure about the back, but it does look more sleek in the photochop that AZKJ did...........

Dave

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try debadging the back at the same time you do tinted tails.... At a minimum do the front...its "de-cutes" it well.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
csukoh78, I am considering tinting the tails/front turn signals. I think it'd look good on my Jeep Green. Also considering doing the rims gunmetal...just trying to darken the whole thing up a bit. As it's winter here, it'll be serveral months, so I have time to decide.