To Bling or not to Bling

To Bling or Not to Bling

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who cares what your do with you KJ. You paid for it! Mines got chrome side rails and rear light protectors. I think it looks good and they only help protect it when it gets into the tough stuff.

My side rails make a nice 'pling' sound when they clout rocks O:)

Ian

PS After reading this thread I will be in garage trying to design a tree guard! :laughing6:

2003KJ

Reaction score
I too like to keep a clean KJ....as said before, doens' tlook that good when you have to take the CEO out to lunch, and there was a vote behind your back that you have to drive him in your personal car, and your personal car, being a Jeep, is plastered in mud. \:D/

You must be registered for see images

It's fun as all to get it muddy, then to pull up to another Jeep and catch the guy checkin yours out, but man it's a $%#@! to clean it up.

BTW 2kjhouse....i've said it before that your KJ looks awesome with all the work you've done to it. Looks even better muddy =D>

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it comes standard with the vehicle, it isn't bling. Chrome is for the Grand Cherokee, not for the Liberty.

There's functional bling and there's "total waste of money" bling. The Libby is all about function. It already has form.

That's MY personal opinion. You have yours, so form it and choose what YOU want to do with YOUR Libby.

2kjhouse

Reaction score
functional bling

well bling can be functional and also look good, but I agree it is all about how you like your kj to look. Thanks for the compliment 2003kj I think my kj looks good muddy as well,

but I think all of the Bling looks good to especially with the colors of my kj.

But my bling is functional as well TokyoJoe as it is all stainless steel which won't rust but is as strong or stronger than alot of steel due to its being tempered, believe me I have used the front brush bar to push, pull and jack up my entire kj so it has had its workouts. The ss nerfs have been used to run the rocks and came out with only a few scratches, even though I had my 4k libby high centered on them. So it does work for me sorry if it doesn't work for you but like you said, I have my opinion and you have yours.

2003KJ

Reaction score
whew, all that mud 2kj, musta taken some time to shine her up again. Stainless Steel against dark blue like that looks good. Wouldn't really look all that great on something like my color....IMO.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, khaki wasn't made to go well with chrome or stainless. It will look okay but not like it does with that Dark Blue color.
I wonder if they do khaki tan bull bars and if it will go well with the light khaki green.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2kjhouse,

Your KJ looks great clean and muddy!

I think mine does too..... I'll post pics when my digital camera is working!

Ian

jasimon

Reaction score
Got an 05 so it comes standard bling! I didn't care for it at first but now I like it. The wife liked the crome grill and that made the deal so I could get a new one. Had a 99 grand cheokee laredo. Acutually like everything but hauling space better in the liberty.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jasimon said:
Got an 05 so it comes standard bling! I didn't care for it at first but now I like it. The wife liked the crome grill and that made the deal so I could get a new one. Had a 99 grand cheokee laredo. Acutually like everything but hauling space better in the liberty.

It's always the wife that has to like it. LOL! I know what you mean. [-X

Congratulations on your '05. Be sure to post a picture.

Latest posts

Members online