Tires Rubbing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I found a fairly good deal on a set of MOAB's believe it or not and I think I am gonna go for it. So to my knowledge the smallest tire that will fit on them is a 245/70 16, correct me if I'm wrong. With that tire, unlifted I'd imagine I can expect some rubbing.

My question is, short of getting a lift (which I do not intend on doing). Is there anything I can do besides bangin' down the pinch weld and heating/pushing the fog light access door to prevent rubbing?

-Ryan

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, nothing you can do other than what you stated.

I have a 3" lift with that combo(moabs and 245/70 tires) and they ever so slightly rub in the fog light area. Its not enough to worry about and I cannot even hear it. I can just see where it rubs the plastic a little.

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is going to sound like an silly question...but do I need to torque lugs at a specific setting? The only reason I ask is for when I take the wheels off and to do the trimming/pounding, when I put them back on is it okay to just tighten them down with the tools provided or should I have them torqued down with a torque wrench (if so...what do they need to be torqued to?). Sorry if that sounded like a trivial question :confused:.

-Ryan

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a silly question at all. Ive taken tons of wheels on and off so I use to just torque them by hand(I guess I felt 'experienced') but lately Ive gotten a good torque wrench. Its a good idea to pick up a torque wrench(even if its a cheap one) to torque the lugs. Got a sears near by?

Proper specs are 80-100ft lbs.

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have a sears by me but I'll probably just borrow one from my neighbor. No sense in buying the torque wrench, I'll probably only use it once.

-Ryan

Latest posts

Members online