Tire Sales!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Check your local tire shops if your in the market! Crazy sales goin' on ... my local Good Year dealer just had a 4 day sale at 50% off MSLP. I ordered my shiny new set of (4) 245/70-16 Wrangler Silent Armors for $680 installed!

Not a huge deal if you live in the US of course because that is close to tire rack's price but up here where we get hosed on tires ... list price $288 per tire :confused:

Cheers, and man I can't wait!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.....50% off in Canada. Congrats. I havn't noticed a sale like that south of the border.

Why are tires so expensive up there?? Big taxes on them??

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Wow.....50% off in Canada. Congrats. I havn't noticed a sale like that south of the border.

Why are tires so expensive up there?? Big taxes on them??

Dave

Well if you ask the dealers it's all taxes and excise but according to the experts that only accounts for about 15 -20%. I think the truth is that Canadians are generally apathetic and since we have been paying that mark up for so long why would the tire companies do anything to change it?

The problem they eventually run into is when aggressive American companies (ie Tirerack) make it almost easy to buy and ship to Canada for less. Then the 50% off sales start ..lol

Oh and BTW we have a brand new tax we can be proud of ...lmao. The Ontario Tire Stewardship Fee. At least they made it sound honourable. $5.84 per tire for environmental disposal. It will never end!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if you ask the dealers it's all taxes and excise but according to the experts that only accounts for about 15 -20%. I think the truth is that Canadians are generally apathetic and since we have been paying that mark up for so long why would the tire companies do anything to change it?

The problem they eventually run into is when aggressive American companies (ie Tirerack) make it almost easy to buy and ship to Canada for less. Then the 50% off sales start ..lol

Oh and BTW we have a brand new tax we can be proud of ...lmao. The Ontario Tire Stewardship Fee. At least they made it sound honourable. $5.84 per tire for environmental disposal. It will never end!

You guys got "fancy taxes"....lol

In NY they just call it a "tire disposal fee".....We don't have any imagination...haha

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
You guys got "fancy taxes"....lol

In NY they just call it a "tire disposal fee".....We don't have any imagination...haha

Dave

lol ... I swear we already had a tax to cover that... but oh well.

(yeahthat) is the reason are taxes are so high ...lol

All the best D!

I didn't really answer your question earlier :confused: Tax on the tires was 13% on top of the other stuff buried in the $288 list price. The retail price could be even higher after the dealers mark up.

Last edited:

Dibz

Reaction score
Hey is that a Renny you got there? Or did you just dress it up nice? Lookin' Good!

Luke.... That is an actual Rennie. All stock, even the original tires, thats why I am going to have to go on a tire hunt. But I guess I will be putting the winter tires on soon enough....:( P.S. Thanks for the comp, I love the thing.

Oh, in case you are interested, here is a link to some better pics: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40822

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Awesome Rig! I have to say this quietly so my KJ doesn't hear... I love the front bumpers on the 04's... just killer. If I could just graft one onto my KJ and keep my hood:D

Thanks for the pic link! and a belated Welcome!