tire question--long trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maximum Carnage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI: If you use that slime stuff and take the tire to get patched they will more than likely charge you extra to clean up the slime of the inside of your tire to affix the patch.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI: If you use that slime stuff and take the tire to get patched they will more than likely charge you extra to clean up the slime of the inside of your tire to affix the patch.

Yea,.....Better to walk home than slime your tire.....

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
You'll be fine.
Yeah, a patch is the best but costs more for obviouse reasons.
And a plug works good as well. I had two tires on an F-350 van(17.5 inch rim!) that were plugged 3 times on one and one on the other thanks to the neighbours little puke who so creatively placed large nails inbetween the tread blocks (No I couldn't prove it... Bla bla bla... But I :knew he did it... Got em back my way!)
Anyway, those tires were brand new with 9 miles on them. They lasted over 60K with no issues.
Slime...
What do you expect for $10.00 a bottle!
Used to carry/use a product from the UK. An actual tyre mousse. Now that worked!
I can see why WRC teams uses it in factory ralley cars.
$ 70.00 plus a bottle!