Tire Pressure Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a flat tire...rolled on it for almost a half mile to find a suitable place to change it with the spare. Of course, the tire pressure alarm (not from an EVIC; just that amber light) was going crazy. I got the tire repaired and all tires are at 33-36 psi. But my Tire Pressure Alarm keeps beeping every ten minutes. In the manual, this is simply a 'system failure'. Is it possible the tire pressure sensor is damaged? If not, any suggestions/ideas to rid this 'system failure'? Is there some sort of reset? Thanks!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Battery removal might do the trick. Otherwise I am not sure. I also rolled about half a mile or probably a mile on a complete flat, but mine dedected swap and stopped beeping.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So all tires including the spare has 33psi(or so)?

Its a possibility that the sensor was broken when you had the flat and drove on it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Jeepster said, make sure the spare is pumped up because it will also set off the alarm. I had this happen.

I also had a similar tire problem when I was off road and picked up a sharp rock and a leak (but not a total flat) I got on pavement and the sensor went off. I pulled over and the drivers side rear tire was low. I checked it and it had 26lbs in it so I aired it back up and the sensor shut up. When I got home it went off again. It was late so I left it and it had 17lbs in it in the morning. I took it off and plugged it and it reset itself again. Shortly after that I changed to A/T tires.

It should just reset but if not check the spare first and if it is still chirping, my guess is that since your tire went completely flat and you had to drive on it, somehow the sensor must have been damaged. The battery in it is not replacable so the sensor needs to be changed. If you're still in warranty the dealer should do it free and you don't need to tell them about the flat.

Dave