Tire order dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I'm taking it's a chain???

They are a very good tire store with just three locations,
and run a discount web based tire dealer. A smaller Canadian version of Tire Rack.
$300.00 CDN. per tire.
I got them for $255.99 each. I saved $44.01 per tire. Thats $220.05 saved over the five tires.

Mind you, the Hankook Dynapro MT RT03.
They look like a wicked KJ tyre. And would work real good around
here in the winter for the type of snow we get here on the left coast.
You can even stud them.
I cannot think of the name of the company who originally designed
the tread that Hankook uses.
I think it could of been Goodyear who first came up with that tread pattern.

Tony.
Those Kumho Road Venture MT (KL71) tires?
When I actually saw one in the flesh. They look like they could hold their own.
And at $195.00 per tire, they have a good price (Around here that is.)

Many good tire choices in the 245-75-16 size around here.

TheMan

Reaction score
They are a very good tire store with just three locations,
and run a discount web based tire dealer. A smaller Canadian version of Tire Rack.
$300.00 CDN. per tire.
I got them for $255.99 each. I saved $44.01 per tire. Thats $220.05 saved over the five tires.

Mind you, the Hankook Dynapro MT RT03.
They look like a wicked KJ tyre. And would work real good around
here in the winter for the type of snow we get here on the left coast.
You can even stud them.
I cannot think of the name of the company who originally designed
the tread that Hankook uses.
I think it could of been Goodyear who first came up with that tread pattern.

Tony.
Those Kumho Road Venture MT (KL71) tires?
When I actually saw one in the flesh. They look like they could hold their own.
And at $195.00 per tire, they have a good price (Around here that is.)

Many good tire choices in the 245-75-16 size around here.

Sorry to correct you, but you are wrong. 1010tires.com does not have stores, I think you are confused about Volco Tire/Wheels.

Volco Tires and 1010tires share the same head office location but are 2 different companies.

1010tires.com is Canada's Largest Online Tire and Wheel Retailer. Volco tires is a small chain tire store.

So which company did you buy them fom then?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to correct you, but you are wrong. 1010tires.com does not have stores, I think you are confused about Volco Tire/Wheels.

Volco Tires and 1010tires share the same head office location but are 2 different companies.

1010tires.com is Canada's Largest Online Tire and Wheel Retailer. Volco tires is a small chain tire store.

So which company did you buy them fom then?

I placed the order through 1010tire and was told to go to Volco to buy them as 1010tires does not install tires but could ship them to me. So I actually bought them from Volco and had a price guarantee from 1010tire!

Now having straightened that out with you... Is there any other Fly **** you would like to pick out of pepper with me?

aw_bus86

Reaction score
***** to hear that man. Try calling this number 877-474-4821 its 4wheelparts.com toll free line. You suggested the Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar to me and I got a pretty good deal for the. Its listed as 181(us currency) per, but I ordered five for 170 a piece. Not to sure if they ship to Canada though, but its worth a shot.

I lucked out cause they have a location near me in Hawaii. The site is http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/

Good Luck!

aw_bus86

Reaction score
What's ORA??? Sorry still learning all the acronyms. Picking em up pretty quick though lol

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
***** to hear that man. Try calling this number 877-474-4821 its 4wheelparts.com toll free line. You suggested the Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar to me and I got a pretty good deal for the. Its listed as 181(us currency) per, but I ordered five for 170 a piece. Not to sure if they ship to Canada though, but its worth a shot.

I lucked out cause they have a location near me in Hawaii. The site is http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/

Good Luck!

I have the new tires!
The Volco tire shop delivered 4 within 12 hours, and the fifth "Spare" should be here by the end of this week or early next week.
No complaints at all, those New 247-75-16 Goodyear M/T R Kevlar are mental looking tires alright!
Tomorrow the install of "A" Arms and lift commences!
Jen and my Dad are going to do the work and I am going to sit in my wheelchair and supervise and take many pictures!;)
Unfortunately I don't have any other choice. My body is NFG! (That's "Not Functioning Good"!)

Cheers

Ry'

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have the new tires!
The Volco tire shop delivered 4 within 12 hours, and the fifth "Spare" should be here by the end of this week or early next week.
No complaints at all, those New 247-75-16 Goodyear M/T R Kevlar are mental looking tires alright!
Tomorrow the install of "A" Arms and lift commences!
Jen and my Dad are going to do the work and I am going to sit in my wheelchair and supervise and take many pictures!;)
Unfortunately I don't have any other choice. My body is NFG! (That's "Not Functioning Good"!)

Cheers

Ry'

Well.....we'll be expecting a crap load of pics...but it seems you got that covered.:D

You'll be the first one to see the finished result!!!

Cheers!!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Well.....we'll be expecting a crap load of pics...but it seems you got that covered.:D

You'll be the first one to see the finished result!!!

Cheers!!

I may as well add this here.

I was going to buy the tires from Tire Rack, but after costing them and adding the shipping, currency exchange, 12% tax, customs brokerage, it was just easier to buy them here in Canada.
They cost more money yes, but the bill of sale is from Canada.
What that translates to is less hassle returning to Canada from the U.S.A.
The Canada Customs Orficers can be real pricks when they want to be!
Anyway, I'm going to paint all five wheels Semi-gloss Black as well as the Backbone.
While Jen and Pa are at it, I'll spray all other suspension bits and pieces with a couple of coats of Semi-gloss Black paint as well.
It won't look nowhere near as good as JeepJeepster's detailing, but it should look good for photographic purposes.

Lets see, what else...
I'm still looking for Mopar Armour.
A French Canadian Company claims to have it in stock, But even after telling him that I do not speak French Canadian, he persists in sending all email correspondence in Quebec French!
Oh well, his loss not mine!
Speak English to an English speaking Canadian or No business for you!

aw_bus86

Reaction score
Awesome man! Glad you got that taken care of. Definately wanna see some pics. A close up with of the tires mounted would be sick too. Are you running your OE rims?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I may as well add this here.

I was going to buy the tires from Tire Rack, but after costing them and adding the shipping, currency exchange, 12% tax, customs brokerage, it was just easier to buy them here in Canada.
They cost more money yes, but the bill of sale is from Canada.
What that translates to is less hassle returning to Canada from the U.S.A.
The Canada Customs Orficers can be real pricks when they want to be!
Anyway, I'm going to paint all five wheels Semi-gloss Black as well as the Backbone.
While Jen and Pa are at it, I'll spray all other suspension bits and pieces with a couple of coats of Semi-gloss Black paint as well.
It won't look nowhere near as good as JeepJeepster's detailing, but it should look good for photographic purposes.

Lets see, what else...
I'm still looking for Mopar Armour.
A French Canadian Company claims to have it in stock, But even after telling him that I do not speak French Canadian, he persists in sending all email correspondence in Quebec French!
Oh well, his loss not mine!
Speak English to an English speaking Canadian or No business for you!

Yeah...I agree with you on the French company....

A little tire foam on the LCA's and frame rails go a long way for some shine...:D

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome man! Glad you got that taken care of. Definately wanna see some pics. A close up with of the tires mounted would be sick too. Are you running your OE rims?

Yes, I am using the Factory six spoke Aluminium 7X16 inch wheels.
The only thing I am not real crazy about these Goodyear's is the "Raised White Letters"
To me it's a sign screaming STEAL ME!
If I can get over the OCD in regards to the "White" part, I'll leave them alone.
Either that or I'll let the graphic artist loose in me and get creative on the the "White" parts.
By winter of 2009 I should be rolling on a set of 5 of these.
http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com/American_Racing_Teflon_Chamber.htm
or these,
http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com/American_Racing_Teflon_Mojave.htm

Then I'll mount dedicated snow tires to the Factory wheels.

Yeah...I agree with you on the French company....

A little tire foam on the LCA's and frame rails go a long way for some shine...:D

Don't get my wrong, I don't have anything against the French Canadians, it's just that some of them (This statement includes every Race, Colour, Creed, and Nationality!) act as though their poo don't stink, and that they are better than the rest of the Country!

Tire foam?
Never heard that one yet!
I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Cheers
Ry'

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I am using the Factory six spoke Aluminium 7X16 inch wheels.
The only thing I am not real crazy about these Goodyears is the "Raised White Letters"
To me it's a sign screaming STEAL ME!
If I can get over the OCD in regards to the "White" part, I'll leave them alone.
Either that or I'll let the graphic artist loose in me and get creative on the the "White" parts.
By winter of 2009 I should be rolling on a set of 5 of these.
http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com/American_Racing_Teflon_Chamber.htm
or these,
http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com/American_Racing_Teflon_Mojave.htm

Then I'll mount dedicated snow tires to the Factory wheels.

Edit- I just remembered.....the tread patter won't allow that. :(

Cheers
Ry'

Can't you just have the tires mounted reverse????:confused:

Edit- I just remembered....the tread pattern won't allow that. :(

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Can't you just have the tires mounted reverse????:confused:

Edit- I just remembered....the tread pattern won't allow that. :(

One of my daughters neighbours, a cool 15 year old boy, said I should paint the lettering Goodyear Yellow. "Like on NASCAR tires!":cool:
Damn kid might be on to something!

And yes, the tires are not ment to be mounted that way, thanks for adding that KJ!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One of my daughters neighbours, a cool 15 year old boy, said I should paint the lettering Goodyear Yellow. "Like on NASCAR tires!":cool:
Damn kid might be on to something!

And yes, the tires are not ment to be mounted that way, thanks for adding that KJ!

He might be.....idea.gif

Have to paint 'em with a Q-tip....:D