Tire order dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheMan

Reaction score
I placed the order through 1010tire and was told to go to Volco to buy them as 1010tires does not install tires but could ship them to me. So I actually bought them from Volco and had a price guarantee from 1010tire!

Now having straightened that out with you... Is there any other Fly **** you would like to pick out of pepper with me?

No worries. Just wanted to clear it up. I see what you did, you had the guys at 1010tires do all the work and answer all your questions, then you went to Volco to have them price match 1010tires. Sweet move :)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
No worries. Just wanted to clear it up. I see what you did, you had the guys at 1010tires do all the work and answer all your questions, then you went to Volco to have them price match 1010tires. Sweet move :)

No actually!
I placed an order with 1010Tires.com!
I was ready to have the tires delivered unmounted and take care of mounting, balancing, valve stems, enviro disposal fee, ect. when I took them to a tire shop for the install.
Then I received an email from 1010Tires.com stating that seeing that I lived in Richmond, B.C. and that they were a Richmond B.C. based company, 1010Tires.com told me to contact Volco Tires in Richmond and ask for a certain person who I am not going to name here!
They went on to say that Volco Tires would install them and that Volco would Honor the price that 1010Tires.com quoted me!
I hope that further clarifies this for you!
I have a feeling that you work for either Volco Tires or 1010Tires.com
Am I correct?
Considering that this is only your second post and all other members here don't seem to need the through details regarding my business the these two companies.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.....you ordered the tires from 1010, and Volco is installing them....right???

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.....you ordered the tires from 1010, and Volco is installing them....right???

Yes, you are correct!
1010Tires.com has their office(s) upstairs above Volco Tires at:
12291 Bridgeport Road,
Richmond, B.C.
V6V 1J4

From what the Volco Tires employee and the 1010Tires.com Customer Service Representative told me.

I have a feeling that somebody got in crap over at Volco Tires/1010Tires.com over the price I paid for the tires!
$255.99 each.
They list for $299.99 each and apparently I got a really sweet deal on them!
As the price I was given was a "Steal":D

Oh well, I'm happy!
I'll also be sending them customers because they have really good service.
I've delt with this exact location since 1983 when company names have changed, etc.
Non the less, I have always had good service there.

I didn't think that there would be such a drama involved with me buying 5 friggin tires from a local business!
Next time I'll just buy from the U.S.A.-Tire Rack and have no B.S. what so ever.

Cheers
Ry'

TheMan

Reaction score
I have a feeling that somebody got in crap over at Volco Tires/1010Tires.com over the price I paid for the tires!
$255.99 each.
They list for $299.99 each and apparently I got a really sweet deal on them!
As the price I was given was a "Steal":D

I wouldn't think anyone would get in trouble for selling those to for $255, as 1010tires has them listed on their website for $245 each. Listed here http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Goodyear&tiremodel=Wrangler+MT/R+with+Kevlar

But congrats on your "steal" :)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't think anyone would get in trouble for selling those to for $255, as 1010tires has them listed on their website for $245 each. Listed here http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Goodyear&tiremodel=Wrangler+MT/R+with+Kevlar

But congrats on your "steal" :)

The fellow behind the counter called the $255.99 price a "Steel"

I'll give them a call on Friday and see if they will refund me the difference in price.
That would give me a $56.00 refund.
It can't hurt to ask eh?

TheMan

Reaction score

I'll give them a call on Friday and see if they will refund me the difference in price.
It can't hurt to ask eh?

So how did the refund attempt go?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
So how did the refund attempt go?

I spent most of Friday in the Hospital again.
And to be honest, I totally forgot about calling until reading your message just now.
I've been too "out of it" if you know what I mean.
Speaking with my wife Jen is difficult enough due to the Meds.
I feel like an extra for the movie "Dawn of the Dead"!
Total zombie.

Cheers
Ry'

TheMan

Reaction score
I spent most of Friday in the Hospital again.
And to be honest, I totally forgot about calling until reading your message just now.
I've been too "out of it" if you know what I mean.
Speaking with my wife Jen is difficult enough due to the Meds.
I feel like an extra for the movie "Dawn of the Dead"!
Total zombie.

Cheers
Ry'

No worries, just let us know what happens when u do call.

TheMan

Reaction score

It can't hurt to ask eh?

So what did they end up doing for you? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online