Tire fitment question: 305 70 16?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PDXGREEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an offer for a new unmounted set of geo lander tires 305 70 16 m/t for 620$ smoking deal. Mounted and balanced. So I hate to pass them up. I'm planning on ordering my frankin lift from jba in the next month so I will put these on then. Will they fit???? I don't see it but thought I would ask before I pass on them.

PDXGREEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what i have read the biggest you can go with no rubbing are 245/75s....so a 305 is way to wide of a tire

I thought that might be the case. :( I'm not worried about losing SOME of my turning radius but at the same time I don't want to modify the fenders/bumper/suspension/ and what ever else Just so I can have these specific tires. It just dont make sense I guess. Good thing is I know what I want now, some of the same geo landers but I guess I'll have to get 245s 70 16s.

Thanks ....

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 285/75-16 MTs for a while. You have to do a ton of fender and bumper trimming up front. Was not an issue for me. I did not mind. I also had to move the washer reservoir because the tires were hitting the washer motor at full lock. After all the trimming and moving, and all the lift I have, I would still rub at full lock with the slightest of flex. Oh, and the MPGs sucked with those monsters on there with stock 3.73 gears. Average was about 13 - 15 on the highway. Power loss was extreme too. Jeep would downshift just to go over a simple overpass on the highway, or when pushing a 10-15 MPH headwind.

265/75-16 is much better now. But I still need to re-gear to 4.10s