tire covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bike Rack

bigfella said:
Hey fellow KJ'ers. To answer your questions:

jjo, the bike rack is from MOPAR. Very easy to install, very easy to deal with. You can open the back door even with bikes on the rack which is very nice. They also make a ski rack that mounts in the same location. I ordered mine online from this place:

http://www.jeepworld.com/accessories/liberty/bikeracks.htm

Alot of other places sell this rack system as well. I too have an old rack from my XJ. A roof rack from Yakima but there is no way my wife can use that (she really couldn't before either). The tire rack was a much better option. Although we are keeping the Yakima rack so we can mount a basket up there when we go camping and traveling.

04RkMtnKJ, the underseat sub cables directly into the system with a cable they provide. No spilicng wires or anything. It's a very sweet install. Takes about 30 minutes. It makes a noticable difference in the sound as well. I do have the premium sound system and before I got the sub I would hear the front speakers crackling with some bass. They don't do that nearly as much anymore and there is more low end freq. response. Is it as good as some of the aftermarket subs? nope. If your looking for just a little more then it will provide that and has a nice install so you don't lose any cargo room. If your looking to shake your neighbors house or impress people at a drifting party then it's not going to do it. I think it was worth the money for me anyway.

I was just wondering how you like your bike rack if you have had a chance to use it or not. I really like the design so you can open the tailgate with the bikes on it. I would like to know however if you know what the weight capacity of the spare tire mount. I am looking at a few different options of carying my bike. I just dont like my roof mounted yakima.

Here are a few of the options I am looking into.

http://www.swagman.net/detail.php?id=64225#

There is another Yakima one that they have at my local bike shop used. They no longer make it any more so I cann ot find a link to it. I like the first one, it looks as though it has the same mount as your mopar one but I am afraid 3 bike may be too much weight. I am heading to my dealer to see what they say and can suggest. Thank you very much in advance to anyone that can give me any insight.

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I like that bike rack thru the spare tire. Very neat I must say. I think I'll look into it myself.

rob

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my five tire rotation, I haven't put my tire cover on as I need to clean up the tire first. I kind of like look of the tire without the cover, but I'll put it on as I also like the "Jeep Liberty" text.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hmm, I still haven't found a way to get rid of the dealer advertisement......

I do wonder if some paint thinner will work. :-s 8-[