Timing Chain Tensioner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever disassemble a 3.7 that didn't have a plate behind the drivers side tensioner ?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever disassemble a 3.7 that didn't have a plate behind the drivers side tensioner ?

No, but I actually saw some aftermarket brand one that didn't have one because it didn't need one. The back was either designed with the appropriate porting or it was permanently attached. I tried to find it again but could not. I replaced mine a few years ago with Cloyes and it came with the plate. Still have the factory ones too.

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if mine fell into the oil pan . I have a mechanics magnet on a stick & I ran it back into the pan & didn't get anything but I didn't try very long .

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say try fishing with the magnet. I knew about the possibility so when I did my HGs and changed the tensioners I stuffed a towel down there. It was actually stuck pretty good to the factory tensioner. The new one, not so much when I disassembled everything again to replace the crank and bearings.

69moparfan

Reaction score
Tensioner plate

I just picked up a new set from the stealership. The restrictor plate appears fixed. Maybe they changed up the design to eliminate the dreaded lost plate..
I just hope this is my issue..

Attachments

• Tensioner resized.jpg
    Tensioner resized.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 13