Time to redo the suspension...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
with a 2002 and I assume over 30,000 miles, heck yes its time to redo and UPGRADE!
Plenty of posts on what works best so.........

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Anything economical?

No matter what.....cheap is cheap....you will pay more down the road if you try and cheap out on an important component like suspension.

Pay the bucks up front and you won't be disappointed...count on at least $600-700 for a complete spring/shock upgrade....which will consist of 4 OME springs and your choice of shocks for a 4 corners.

I know as well as anyone that money doesn't grow on trees, and I am not some spoiled little rich kid, so spend money once and you won't have to spend it twice. ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
with an 02 your suspension is pretty much shot the way it is so going with a spacer lift will only make things go from bad to worse

We are having our Monthly LOSTJEEPS OHIO meet and greet in Wapakoneta next month. If you would like to come up and see what some of have done you're more than welcome. We also help others out on lift installation so that may some you some coin as well

So like was mentioned above 4 OME springs/4 shocks/ bumpstops and 3 hours time and you will be lifted the right way .

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
600-700? That is definitely within budget! See I told you all I am a noob! I was planning around 800. What is the website to hit up to look for some OME springs/shocks/bumps? Will I need arms?

Some one should write a KJ's for Dummies post!

Where at in Wapokoneta? If I can make it, I am definitely coming!

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess allin all, I am asking for help with someone possibly pointing me in the right direction as too what products I will need to purchase to lift my KJ.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Some one should write a KJ's for Dummies post

Search this site and Lost most every question on lifts,tires,radios,thingamabobs is answered. Read,Read,Read. In the mean time feel free the ask anything.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess allin all, I am asking for help with someone possibly pointing me in the right direction as too what products I will need to purchase to lift my KJ.

Tell you what there are some lists already together here and on LOST
OR since I see you maybe coming to our M&G you can wait and see what we all have , get the height you want and go from there. Lots of places to buy from, but if you want one stop then Marlin at JeepinbyAls has been very supportive for the KJ/KK crowd along with AllJs ( boulderbars.com) and Marty at rocklizardfabrications.com

If you want a list to start you off let me know and I'll preach the gospel of OME Lifts to you!

Rev. Mudd;):D

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
As far as buying the parts

JeepinbyAl.com is 1 place to buy the upper Arms ( which come with balljoints)

RockLizard Fabrications...I think carry the upper Aarms too....look for his link in vendors alley on this site.

Boulderbars.com carry everything needed....Old Man Emu springs...Old Man Emu shocks (which I run)...

There are other sites too, just Google it...but most people have had good luck with the above vendors....I have heard nothing but good reviews about Boulderbars.com (Heather)....and the crew.

Hope that helps

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I am looking for an average lift which looks to be around 3 inches. My KJ has high mileage too.

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't respond to you, I have a few questions.

Can't seem to find the 17505.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
And would you recommend A-Arms?
sent you a message on the other side (LOST)
as far as UCAs I ran mine lifted for over 70,000 on the stock ones, got a deal and replaced them and they were still good. It does make it easier to align though with the JBA ones , with stock you are pretty well maxed out so kind of up to you as to if now or later

Latest posts

Members online