tilt test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eastcoastpowerhouse

Reaction score
hey,

finaly got all my stuff together for my lift was gunna put it on today. Then i noticed i am due for inspection next month. so here is my question in New Jersey all lifted trucks must pass a tilt test am i safe to lift will i pass the test? or should i wait just go threw inspection then go for the lift. i cant go to inspection early ither they wont take me must be that month.. but if i wait for inspection then lift. If i was ever to get pulled over or cought in the woods i face a modified after inspection ticket around 200 dollars i beleve not as bad a the 1,000 dollar tespassing ticket i would also get or a 500 dollar disturbens of wildlife ticket for crossing a river. But to get back on topic what do you think is my best bet?

P.s. You just have to love Nj for the no legal spots to go wheel and if u get cought going in a non legal spot o man do they make you pay.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you will pass.

Time to move,ever hear of the statement---"Tread Lightly"---? Google it and live by it,thanks for fueling the fire for the tree huggers to take away are legal trails because of stupidity of a few that wheel illegally.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant blame him for wanting to offroad but yea, its not a good idea to trespass. I usually dont but Im worried about getting shot around here.

It should pass. Putting rims on it with less BS would really help with it and would improve handling.

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through inspection in NJ...failed because I had a brake light out ()&!@()&#!)(@&%...shouldve checked before I went. W/e fixed it and went back the same day. Though I really wouldn't be worried...when they did my inspection it took all of 5 minutes (mind you I'm not lifted... but I was in the "heavy duty inspection" lane), just go early...like when they first open and they'll get you in and out.

-Ryan

P.S. Don't wait until the end of the month...lines will be INSANE!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vehicle inspections... how 1960's. Why anyone would live in the East I have no idea.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way a KJ will fail a "tilt test" that a TJ/YJ would pass

Now about this "inspection" stuff
Move to Louisiana
-Insurance
-Registration
-light's
-wipers
-horn
-sign here
-$10
Thank You

They check as little as they can
I have not had a 3rd break light for the past 3 inspections and it has not been an issue

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohio is slowly starting to ease up. used to be a PITA, now it is only in some counties, and it is every other year, and free. They run an OBD and be sure you dont have any emmissions related codes, and out you go.

it used to be difficult, which is why I had to get rid of my volkswagen, still wish I had that thing but it wouldnt pass inspection for months.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey,

p.s. You just have to love Nj for the no legal spots to go wheel and if u get cought going in a non legal spot o man do they make you pay.

The "Pine Barrens" are in NJ and legal to wheel in ....as far as I know.

Dave

Eastcoastpowerhouse

Reaction score
Yes you will pass.

Time to move,ever hear of the statement---"Tread Lightly"---? Google it and live by it,thanks for fueling the fire for the tree huggers to take away are legal trails because of stupidity of a few that wheel illegally.

thank you.
but When we do happen to trespass its not in a habitat were the so called "
tree huggers" would bother us for. It usually abandoned construction sites clay mines things of that nature.

The "Pine Barrens" are in NJ and legal to wheel in ....as far as I know.

Dave .

Yes they are. But the pine barrens are a nature reserve you can only stay on the paths that are provided which are mostly for campers or for sight seeing. if you did go off the given path im gunna go on a limb and say the tickets are the least of your problems.

This is a link to some info on the pine barrens in case any one wants to check it out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Pine_Barrens

Also warton state park which is also part of the pine lands you can also go on said paths.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wharton_State_Forest

but some times you get bored of the paths and u just have to pop in some spots were you cant go. well at least i do.

Eastcoastpowerhouse

Reaction score
hey,

thanks for every ones help the lift is gunna go on this weekend so i will be sure to post up some before and after pics. once again thank you for the help.

Matt