Thumbs Up for Goodyear Silent Armor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two months ago I replaced my Wrangler ST's with four Goodyear Silent Armors in the 235x70x16 size. Yesterday I got to put them to the test. We had a quick hitting snowstorm that raised havoc with traffic. I saw at least one car off the road / accident every 1/2 mile. The SA's performed flawlessly, which was important since I had my two grandsons on board in their car seats. They perform better on ice/snow, than the original ST's did in the rain. I still had to be careful to make sure that I could stop, but that wasn't a problem either. I'm glad I didn't wait until the spring to change them.
Bruce

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 4th set of tires. They are the Wrangler Silent Armors in size 245/75R16. I'm on my 3rd winter with them and so far I've been surprised by their snow and ice capabilities. I don't know if I could happier with anything else, but I still think I'm going to give the Duratracs a try next year.

fire717

Reaction score
Are you running Wrangler SA's?? I have 235/65-17 Forterra SA's and I might as well being driving on ice skates. I have a slight incline in my drive and very often have to put the Lib into 4wd just to get into the garage when there is a little bit of ice. Any slick surface and the thing just spins out. I have faith in my Jeep but not in these tires. They hold the road really well in the summer with the jeep parked. :mad:

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you running Wrangler SA's?? I have 235/65-17 Forterra SA's and I might as well being driving on ice skates. I have a slight incline in my drive and very often have to put the Lib into 4wd just to get into the garage when there is a little bit of ice. Any slick surface and the thing just spins out. I have faith in my Jeep but not in these tires. They hold the road really well in the summer with the jeep parked. :mad:

I'm running the Silent Armor All Terrain tire. So far they are fantastic on snow/ice/rain, and pretty quiet to boot. I haven't tried them off road yet. I would expect they will be great for the minor offroading that I will be doing.
Bruce

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes, the Wrangler Silent Armors. The Forterra is a highway tire.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Have not shoveled my driveway once this winter! ... and we have had 2 ft + so far. :D

Awesome tires!

Latest posts

Members online