Thrush muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I've been looking into thrush mufflers and particularly the glass pack because of its being very inexpensive. I would like to know how they all hold up and if there's any highway drone and how much.

If possible id like an audio/video clip of it please. And not just a idle and rev. I like drive by's. Hahah

Thanks
Sal

GTF

Reaction score
I had a thrush muffler on my Toyota for about 1 1/2 years before I sold the truck. It only had the 2.4L in it, but it sounded ok. It held up ok too, but had a bit of a rattle on it before I sold it, not bad though. Mind you that muffler took a LOT of hard hits, I wheeled the hell out of that old truck, just kept going.

I think the muffler was good, and the price was right. Can't help you with video or anything, though probably doesn't matter as it was on a Yota anyway.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My KJ had the exhaust cut and a cherry bomb glasspack installed without a tailpipe thanks to my PO... It was loud, and in the backseat annoyingly loud on the highway. I've since replaced it with a slightly longer glasspack and added a tailpipe and its better, but still louder then I would like sometimes.