Through The Roof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone keeping up with my roof rack thread? I plan to put a 32" spot/flood combo in the cage at the front of my rack. I want to pierce the roof of the Jeep directly above the interior ceiling light assembly for a wiring route.

Anyone have any suggestions for the best reasonably clean, professional looking, LEAKPROOF wire seal method?

Bob

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just hide the wires in the rubber running down the A pillar to the cowl. Saves the roof and hides the wires.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone keeping up with my roof rack thread? I plan to put a 32" spot/flood combo in the cage at the front of my rack. I want to pierce the roof of the Jeep directly above the interior ceiling light assembly for a wiring route.

Anyone have any suggestions for the best reasonably clean, professional looking, LEAKPROOF wire seal method?

Bob

Go to a marine website for boat accessories , they have a lot of various things for what you are wanting.
BUT like two others have already posted wires on the end of most any light bar are at one end, so just unscrew the molding along the windshield and run the wires down there and into engine bay, clean/ no one can see etc

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda think I want a clean, leakfree through the roof to show, from the outside at least.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
On mine I have maybe 3 inches of wiring that actually shows, that's the amount from end of the light to roof, same amount as what you would have.
Well wait if wanting in center you'd have at least 20-24 inches of wiring to deal with since you want the wires to go down through in the center. So from end of light to center area

Oh and no leaks at all if you think thats an issue, ran wires down the side for last 7-8 years on mine

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, yours is a great fix, just not what I want. As my Grand-dad used to say; "there's more ways to choke a cat than on fresh melted butter".:icon_smile:

Bob

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
West Marine has many such accessories for wiring, circuit protection, mounting lights, cable penetration, etc...the catalog is favorite wintertime read!

www.westmarine.com