Throttle sensor calibration ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

following the replacement of the throttle position sensor on my KJ because the fault code P0122 was present. Now the fault code is no longer present but the acceleration is bad, not very nervous and also strange idle.

According to the service manual, there's nothing special and perform when replacing the sensor, but according to the website below, adjust the sensor position to obtain an accurate voltage:
Comment régler le capteur de position de papillon des gaz sur un Cherokee - gamblewiz.com

Voltage = 0.830 V at rest.

My tester indicates 0.855 V at rest.

Have you an opinion on a possible setting to perform?

Thanks for your help.

FYI, I also have a fault code p0161 on the oxygen sensor 2/2 at the glow wire. This fault may be also related to the problem of non-responsiveness of acceleration.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What year is your Jeep? 3.7 gas engine? Can then refer to FSM for TB adjustment.
Replace the Oxygen sensor with a NGK-NTK sensor ASAP.
Clean the throttle body and the IAC/associated port where it is installed.

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

Jeep KJ 2002 with V6 3.7

What the "FSM for TB adjustment." ?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Factory service manual, re throttle body adjustments. Manual also contains info on Oxygen Sensors.
Ok so here is the 2002 FSM: Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ
Section 14 is fuel & page re TPS is 48 (14-48) You do have to set in the new TPS by having the tang (tab) in properly.
When I replaced mine it was tab in when TPS was turned a bit to the right, then move it back to the left, then align screws to tighten.
The factory sets the throttle body stop plate adjustment screw, so really it is not recommended to mess with that.
Once you clean IAC & replace the oxygen sensor, see how the throttle response is then.
Oh & what brand of TPS did you buy? Mopar is what I used, and no problems after install.

Last edited:

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK thanks,

My TPS sensor is a Crown model.

So, with your manuel services, there is no TPS ajustment detailled. I will replace the oxygen sensors and we will see the result.

pivert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For information, I replaced the defect oxygen sensor (rear right) with NTK 23142 and the default code is now not present on dashboard.

The KJ drive nice, but it is not very nervous and the Kickdown isn't allways present during a big acceleration.

Latest posts

Members online