Throttle issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotthw

Reaction score
I had to change my ac compressor on my 04 liberty and any how I pulled the intake pipe off to get more room to dissconnect the lines after in put it all back together it will some times surge at idle or rev up and hold it a bit or stall out if you hammer the gas peddle then let off while driving its throwing a code saying it's the throttle position sensor but I never touched it I only unplugged the air temp sensor in the intake pipe and it ran just fine before I put it in the garage to change the compressor I dought it's the tps sensor how would it ***** up will sitting in my garage for an 1hr any ideas guys
Thanks

Bikeflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPS and Temp wires are in the same harness leg. If you had a crispy or iffy wire in that leg, moving the intake pipe could have made the wire break or short.

Scotthw

Reaction score
TPS and Temp wires are in the same harness leg. If you had a crispy or iffy wire in that leg, moving the intake pipe could have made the wire break or short.
Ok thanks ill check the wiring

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it possibly ne a vacuum leak? If you have an OBD scanner with live data capability, record the TPS percentages with your foot off the gas and then at WOT and report back. You can do it with key on engine off.

Scotthw

Reaction score
Could it possibly ne a vacuum leak? If you have an OBD scanner with live data capability, record the TPS percentages with your foot off the gas and then at WOT and report back. You can do it with key on engine off.
Finally figured it out thats exactly what it was I accidentally damaged a sensor when I removed the clutch connector on the ac compressor does anyone know what this sensors called so I can replace it

Attachments

• 20210828_173702.jpg
    20210828_173702.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Members online