thinking about Rock Lizard bumper - experiences ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donberry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why - well I went on a bike trip to Texas to see my kids. Coming home was a road trip from hell (high of 28, highway closed previous day due to ice, and stuck on highway for 5 1/2 hours because of road construction on 40 in Arkansas) and while sitting in the traffic jam, I decided I also needed a small MG, Triumph etc - a fun car.
I am no longer a fan of flying and avoid it when possible, and wanted a fun car.
My Jeep got horrible gas mileage - I lived in the gas stations. It was okay for what I was using it for, but no way would I want to be driving to Co and Tx all the time in that.
Sooo, I was looking for a touring car.
Would have loved to have kept the jeep, but I have my car, a truck, a boat and a motorcycle plus my wife's car. I have a big driveway, but it looked like a car lot out there. The final straw was insurance though. I would only be driving the Jeep for off road fun and while not a whole lot, I hated to pay the insurance to use it for what I wanted it for.
Of course I also still needed the winch, suspension and tires - so another 500 or so for the winch, about $1k for the suspension (OME) and a whole bunch for tires - so I could keep it as my toy.
I am not poor, but I have too many other things going on and it would have ended up not getting done right or getting done half a** -
so, I decided the best thing to do was to sell it.

It was a hail damaged jeep with a rebuilt title. I listed it on CL for $3300.00 - had about 8 people call immediately so had to set up appointments to see it. I sold it to the 1st person who looked at it. That morning I went out and it had a flat, ran over a nail, so I knocked off $100 and sold it for $3200.00
I paid $6300 about 2 or so years ago. Months after buying it the insurance company totaled it and I bought it back for like $1500.00, so it all worked out pretty good for me.