thinking about lifting my kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03kjbobcat

Reaction score
ok every one i have a 03 renegade with 104xxx i have done alot of looking at different lifts and not to sure what i want to go with i was wondering what some other people did ???? i dont want to go crazy im looking for like 2.5 or 3.0 and i want a kit that has everything together any ideas ???

03kjbobcat

Reaction score
Nope, for the most part your just taking out the old and putting in the new.

thanks alot i just wish i new some one in nj that has one lifted so i could check it out.. and do you think its well worth the price ?? i know you get what you pay for.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are actually a few lifted KJs in Jersey. Most of the price in the JBA kits comes from their coil overs. I'm going with either Ironman or OME springs with Bilstien shocks all around. Ironman's are cheaper but OME's will net you more lift especially with all of the little extra's you can add, i.e. clevis lift, top plates, rear upper iso's just to name a few. There are also many thread's on here that talk about various lifts and the pros and cons about them.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that I'll be able to make it but more then likely I won't. I'm gonna be mighty p/o'ed while I'm at the college and you guys are out wheeling!

03kjbobcat

Reaction score
There are actually a few lifted KJs in Jersey. Most of the price in the JBA kits comes from their coil overs. I'm going with either Ironman or OME springs with Bilstien shocks all around. Ironman's are cheaper but OME's will net you more lift especially with all of the little extra's you can add, i.e. clevis lift, top plates, rear upper iso's just to name a few. There are also many thread's on here that talk about various lifts and the pros and cons about them.

all im looking for is like 2.5 to 3 in of lift.. i drive it every day so im not lookng to go all crazy about the lift but just something good and something that wont sag after a few months or a year. so the jba kit is a good thing to think about your saying ??

03kjbobcat

Reaction score
I live in barnegat. work in NY I can meet anytime after work. Hit me up. 732-581-9515 MATT

cool man sounds good im in linden exit 136 off the parkway is your kj lifted ?? name is bobby btw and number is 908-500-8082

Last edited:

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my lift, have had it since november-ish. It's really easy to do, and I had never done anything remotely close to it before. It's nice even for a DD too.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all im looking for is like 2.5 to 3 in of lift.. i drive it every day so im not lookng to go all crazy about the lift but just something good and something that wont sag after a few months or a year. so the jba kit is a good thing to think about your saying ??

If you have the money for the JBA go for it. All I'm saying is that you can lift it for less then half the price with Ironman/OME and a few extras which are very easy to put on.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the lifts stated above are excellent, jba wouldnt sell it if it was garbage. Im running a iron man OME hybrid of sorts and everything is tip top. If you were to duplicate it would cost you just between 800-900 $, that will save you some cash to put towards some nice tires. And if you have ever changed out springs shocks or struts on just about any vehicle your well within the skill set to install the lift, im down to help you and more then likely have a shop we can use. A lift and air tools cut the install time down significantly.

Latest posts

Members online