Theft Deterrent Warning Stickers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first Jeep. I got it with the Security Group package. Usually, I notice when cars come with any theft deterrent system they usually have stickers on the windows with warning labels. Are these not standard with our Libby's or is this something the dealer left out of my Jeep's 'pouch'?

I'd like to have these labels; wonder if they sell them. I don't know why, but people just seem to have the urge to pat my Rennie while they check it out; like they're trying to get an idea to see how well constructed the Libby is.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
maybe if you get an aftermarket?...
i know my old alarm in my neon had them stickers...
didnt get one w/ the new alarm (unless it was not given to us)
dont think the security group comes with one....

dont think it will make a difference too
might deter the casual jacker....
but, sad to say, if they want it THAT bad, they'll get it it, no matter what sort of anti-theft device you have...

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too worried of having the Jeep stolen. My Jeep is a one of a kind in this country; thief wouldn't get far. I just want to keep people's hands off. Maybe I should get a blinking LED instead.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should have a blinking led, mine does, its red.

I have a blinking LED within the gauge area, but only blinks for about 5 seconds after locking up...well, at least from what I have observed. I may be wrong.

But I think having one blinking on the dash area will get people's attention.

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eddiev9 said:
it should have a blinking led, mine does, its red.

I have a blinking LED within the gauge area, but only blinks for about 5 seconds after locking up...well, at least from what I have observed. I may be wrong.

But I think having one blinking on the dash area will get people's attention.

the fast blink for 5 seconds is to let you know it's arming the alarm.
once armed the blink rate slows down and continues until doors are unlocked.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else's KJ come with ID numbers etched on the windows? Mine has like an eight digit number on most of the windows, in the bottom left corner. The dealer at the time made it sound like all KJ's had that incase they get stolen.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fast blink for 5 seconds is to let you know it's arming the alarm.
once armed the blink rate slows down and continues until doors are unlocked.

Thanks for the tip, waldn. Wish they would have put it in a more conspicuous place for everyone to see, though.

Did anyone else's KJ come with ID numbers etched on the windows? Mine has like an eight digit number on most of the windows, in the bottom left corner. The dealer at the time made it sound like all KJ's had that incase they get stolen.

Are these numbers really tiny? I can't seem to find any on mine; maybe mine doesn't have them. I'll look again, though.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eddiev9 said:

Are these numbers really tiny? I can't seem to find any on mine; maybe mine doesn't have them. I'll look again, though.

The etched numbers have a toll-free number under it. I did a google search and here it is. It must be a dealer thing.

http://www.safe-guardproducts.com/petch.php

But we don't have the sticker above the numbers.

I recall my wife asked what that cost us, and we were just told that all their vehicles have it no matter what. It's on all the windows but the front.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just heard from Safeguard. They said that I should have received a sticker from my dealer, and to go back and ask them for it. I think I'll put it on the driver's window as I don't think the numbers are that noticeable. What will it hurt?
luxhello.gif

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a VIN etching kit called VINShield http://www.vinshield.com/.

I submitted my VIN number, and 3 days later I had the kit with enough stencils and acid to etch 10 windows. I did the windshield, two front sides, two rear sides, two rear fixed panes, rear flip glass, & sun roof. I think it turned out great. The whole thing took 45 minutes and cost 20 bucks.