The sagging feeling...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Just like my rear end is starting to sag, so is the Jeeps! :gr_grin:

Suggestions Welcome-:help:
The front has settled now to 22.5 inch hub to flare, but even with a light cargo load, rear 948's feels like a low rider @ 21.5.
:hmm: Should I throw in an extra Iso to make it 3 on there now?
Should I buy new springs again or even ditch the bilstiens & throw in Monroe coil overs? :popcorn:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Throw in an extra upper will be a bandaid fix for now
New springs and shocks will be needed though

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Other than 948's what choices for more HD springs would you recommend Tom?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Had to look that up, 5 years ago & not that many miles as secondary vehicle.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Like any coil spring no matter what they will sag over time
On my black 04 , every time it was going to be sitting over 2-3 days it went up on jack stands with all weight off of the suspension
Little excessive , well yes but hated to see it sitting there holding all of that weight up for no reason :happy175:

But those are about the best and only spring. JBAs are rated about the same . Could have a custom set made up but thats expensive as well

The Sensatrac overloads do help, or at least I think they do if you carry a lot of extra baggage

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I knew they had sagged a bit with all the weight in back & roof basket, but it's not that bad...until you put 2 persons in rear.
Just wish there was a tougher spring that could handle the weight a bit more.
Interesting to note:
As we all know lift does come from the spring, but in the case of my full size sedan where I just installed the Monroe overloads with the spring, I gained 1.25 inch of lift to the rear.
Basically the sedan was a trunk loaded, low air rider, until the Monroe's were installed.
I do not know because of the weight of the KJ how much help in the lift department you may get, by adding the Monroe's to the KJ.
I am pretty confident you may gain some and better load handling I suppose, with hopefully less compression than regular lifted shocks.
I would like to ask of any member that has installed the Monroes, how much if any lift they experienced.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I knew they had sagged a bit with all the weight in back & roof basket, but it's not that bad...until you put 2 persons in rear.
Just wish there was a tougher spring that could handle the weight a bit more.
Interesting to note:
As we all know lift does come from the spring, but in the case of my full size sedan where I just installed the Monroe overloads with the spring, I gained 1.25 inch of lift to the rear.
Basically the sedan was a trunk loaded, low air rider, until the Monroe's were installed.
I do not know because of the weight of the KJ how much help in the lift department you may get, by adding the Monroe's to the KJ.
I am pretty confident you may gain some and better load handling I suppose, with hopefully less compression than regular lifted shocks.
I would like to ask of any member that has installed the Monroes, how much if any lift they experienced.
Ran two sets of them for over 100,000 miles

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so ...did they offer any initial lift, and any shock noise like the coil over spring, going twang over heavy pot holes or off road?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so ...did they offer any initial lift, and any shock noise like the coil over spring, going twang over heavy pot holes or off road?

Yes they did ( about 3/4 to an inch when forst installed then went down a bit
and no they didn't, no noise at all from them

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
New rear was 22.75 if I remember right.
Then slowly ended up today @ 21.5, so lost 1 to 1-1/4 inch.
Loose about another 1.5 with 2 persons in the rear, enough where headlights pointing up LOL.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New rear was 22.75 if I remember right.
Then slowly ended up today @ 21.5, so lost 1 to 1-1/4 inch.
Loose about another 1.5 with 2 persons in the rear, enough where headlights pointing up LOL.

Get Daystar bruh! :happy175:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a pic with no real weight inside..
56457[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Wow look at the difference between tire and fender/ front & rear.
I think the rear could use 2 more inches of lift! :Insane: :gr_grin:

Attachments

• Jeep%20Rear%20Needs%20Iso.jpg
    Jeep%20Rear%20Needs%20Iso.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the thread hijack but I installed the 3.5" TM Econolift about 30k miles ago and I'm now sitting at 21 in the front and 22 in the rear. I've been in Korea so my wife has been driving it and has not seen off-road action sice the lift was installed. Is it normal for it to sag that much that fast? I'm about to buy tires but seeing how much lower it is I don't think the 32" (ok 31.75) tires are going to fit.

Latest posts

Members online