The Phat TJ build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have one on my TJ over here..

Its a 97 TJ, 2.5L, 30RH auto ******, 231 t-case, D30 front, D35 rear, 3.73 gears. Those are the stock specs anyway..

Here's a little background on this, my wife and I are expecting our first child here in July, While we have the KJ, we didn't really have anything that was comfy and something she could drive also in order to haul the kid around in. So with that said, I knew it was time to give my up built YJ, I wasn't using it like I used to and with all the off road mod's it just wasn't comfy to drive on road anymore. However I knew whatever I got in replace of it, well I wanted to keep it Jeep..So I ended up with this TJ..

When I bought it, it had all these tacky off road looking things added to it that I didn't like. It also had a 2 inch body lift that various cables and linkages on the jeep didn't like..
The day I brought it home
You must be registered for see images

I got to work digging in the jeeps parts shed out back and ended up with something like this..

I lowered the jeep to a 1 inch body lift to ease some of the issues the 2 inch had been causing. However the T-case linkage was extremely messed up so I bought this little guy..

The Novak cable shifter kit..oh my gosh its freaking great! I highly recommend!

I kept little random stuff off the YJ that I knew would transfer over to the TJ fine, like my CB stuff

and warn winch..

For rear recovery I added a factory TJ rear tow hook

and for giggles I added a rubicon locker switch..

and my Pug!

Today I got rid of the tacky spray painted black rims for some stock steelies and some 30 inch all terrains..

Thats pretty much where its at right now, I have to install a couple items like a factory auto trans skid

A rusty's off road 2 inch lift..when I compile the rest of the parts..

Oh and it made its first Jeep meet this past saturday!

All and all I think it will make a great baby hauler, the wife can drive it and I can still get out on the trail and keep up with my KJ friends!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice TJ. I see your dog likes it too.

Dave

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah she does!

On a side note, it recovered 4 stuck cars tonight in the snow storm..good times!

Latest posts

Members online