The Official "My Gas Mileage *****" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i coast alot. my cousin who has an 05 limited (automatic) gets like 3 mpg better than me.

Well you have the 5-Speed. They're usually more efficient than automatics. I still want one (a stick shift).

28MPG? wow. For those who don't believe the EVIC, I've had good experiences with it... my '06's EVIC was for the most part, accurate, even a bit pessimistic. '04 was about a MPG high, optimistic. Depends on the specific vehicle I guess. They may all look the same, but they're not.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't like it, you could always get yourself a couple of these...

You must be registered for see images

And when someone askes you what you are driving, and you reply "TATA NoNo" and they have you committed......then what??.......I never saw anyone driving with a straight jacket on.......:D

Dave

Reaction score
its a big go kart. imagine taking that off road.

And when someone askes you what you are driving, and you reply "TATA NoNo" and they have you committed......then what??.......I never saw anyone driving with a straight jacket on.......:D

Dave

theblueliberty

Reaction score
yeah, screw all you guys! :) i averaged, on a completley full tank of gas, 15.96 mpg! and that was before i lifted it and put big tires on it! but i did just switch to royal purple synthetic oil and i'm getting the same again.

Mr_Ras

Reaction score
This is even better!

Park your jeep and ride an e-scooter to work! even the supermarket!

Attachments

• l_25c722e2147179cb6c37d3bc47255fe5.jpg
    l_25c722e2147179cb6c37d3bc47255fe5.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 16

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My KJ has improved just a little with the warmer weather and no more winter gas. They have to switch to summer gas by May 1st (Federal Law) .

I have been driving the car more and more as it gets waaaaaaay better gas mileage than the KJ. That makes me both happy and sad.

Stopped at the gas station yesterday, and 3 bikers were gassing up. More bikes on the road than I ever remember before.

The next door neighbor lady bought a Vespa Motor Scooter.

My gas pig KJ is sleeping in the garage the last couple of days. I gotta go and wake it up. I am getting KJ withdrawal syndrome.:D

Dave

Mr_Ras

Reaction score
tires

instead of just looking at my tires, i actually checked the air pressure
and filled on especially bad one. and now my fuel economy is much
improved. thanks!

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18.5ish all urban driving, between 35-70 mph (over the 2 weeks it took me to use a tank) assuming that is a 16.3gal tank. (not possitive, seems like i've seen that some where.)3.7 liter of course.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The '02 has a 18.5 gallon tank. The breakdown is on the site somewhere:

2002 - 18.5
2003 - 18.5
2004 - 19.5
2005 - 20.5
2006 - 20.5
2007 - 20.5
2008 - 19.5
2009 - Likely 19.5

djui5

Reaction score
Just got a Liberty and something I've noticed is that it seems very resistant to go. I think it's something with the front diff/transfer case. Has anyone ever unhooked their front diff and checked the gas mileage? I'd be willing to bet it's way higher. Maybe that's not even possible. Just a thought. Is there something you could do to make it roll easier? That would increase the gas mileage a lot I'd imagine. I noticed the same thing in all Jeeps I've driven, Cherokees, Wranglers, etc. They all seem to be resistant to go. Takes a lot of gas pedal to get them going. I blame the low gas mileage on this more than anything.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18mpg city 24mpg highway with my 05 liberty which makes the libby a econo car compared to the old truck which have a 6 liter v8.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a Liberty and something I've noticed is that it seems very resistant to go. I think it's something with the front diff/transfer case. Has anyone ever unhooked their front diff and checked the gas mileage? I'd be willing to bet it's way higher. Maybe that's not even possible. Just a thought. Is there something you could do to make it roll easier? That would increase the gas mileage a lot I'd imagine. I noticed the same thing in all Jeeps I've driven, Cherokees, Wranglers, etc. They all seem to be resistant to go. Takes a lot of gas pedal to get them going. I blame the low gas mileage on this more than anything.

Please forgive me, its kind of a dumb question but have you checked your tire pressures? I find when I don't have the right recommended tire pressures in any vehicle its difficult to get the tires rolling.

In 2WD mode your front driveshaft isn't connected at all so unhooking the front diff won't make a difference.