The neutral on my transfer case?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty15-22

Reaction score
I'm new here and this is my first 4x4 (2011 jeep liberty) so my apologies for the stupid question. I just bought my jeep brand new but when I shift to drive, it doesn't really move until I hit the gas (unlike my other cars). The salesman said it could be my transfer case is in neutral because of possible towing when transferred from the manufacture. But I thought to myself that if that were the case, the truck wouldn't even move. And if it is the case, then how is it can it be undone. Thanks for any feedback!

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just bought a 5000 pound brick. It isn't going to handle like a car. Lots of rolling resistance! If the transfer case was in neutral, you are right, you wouldn't move. The salesman you were dealing with sounds like a tool.

Liberty15-22

Reaction score
You just bought a 5000 pound brick. It isn't going to handle like a car. Lots of rolling resistance! If the transfer case was in neutral, you are right, you wouldn't move. The salesman you were dealing with sounds like a tool.

Thanks man! Sorry again, I am new and naive when it comes to this. Moreover, when the salesman recommended I drop my Lib and put some 20's on it to look 'cool', I kind of suspected he knew just as much as me (maybe less). Thanks again!

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's like that too. sometimes mine will just sit without my foot on the break. I love it. More like a manual that way. That's something I'm going to miss whenever I have to get rid of it.

Liberty15-22

Reaction score
Mine's like that too. sometimes mine will just sit without my foot on the break. I love it. More like a manual that way. That's something I'm going to miss whenever I have to get rid of it.

Yeah it took some time getting used to haha