The libbys second tow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the first tow. http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32802

Just testing out the new DrawTite class III receiver. Here's what I was really planning on using it for.

You must be registered for see images attach

The car is a 1990 Lebaron GTC VNT. It's a Florida car so it's virtually rust-free. Seriously, the undercarriage and suspension look better than my '03 KJ. It's the 2.2l turbo engine.

The VNT stands for Variable Nozzle Turbo (or turbine). It's a turbo design that is usually used on big rigs and it lends itself to very vast spool up (nearly instantaneous) and maintains a decent a/r ratio when open (<---sorry about the tech talk). Only 123 GTC coupes were optioned with the VNT turbo, so this is a rare car. It doesn't currently have the VNT setup(it has a small Mitsubishi TE04H turbo and no intercooler), but it is fairly easy conversion back to that.

It's no where near perfect and needs a lot of elbow grease, but that's what I enjoy doing and I really like these cars, always have (I'm weird).

BTW, the KJ towed it with zero problems. Half the time I forgot it was back there. The car weighs around 2700 lbs + whatever the tow dolly weighs.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how level that is sitting lifted. Oh, and do you realize how much your Liberty looks like the Borla show KJ?

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how level that is sitting lifted. Oh, and do you realize how much your Liberty looks like the Borla show KJ?

Yeah, I was a little surprised to see it not sagging very much, but the tongue weight of that dolly couldn't have been too much... ?

I've never seen the Borla KJ, didn't know any aftermarket companies really used these as a show vehicle.

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh, that and the P body are my favorite K-Based cars!

I just saw a really clean looking white Shelby CSX-T (p-body) on Gratiot. I haven't seen one of those around in a few years. I also just saw a really nice looking Shelby Lancer on 94 a couple days ago, I think the guy is selling it on one of the forums.