The goodies are slowly ariving!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Oh yeah!
I've been working on a story board for the how to's.
Having been a graphic artist for a long long time it should be fun to pst "How to" articles.
I can only imagine the comments I'll br getting!:rolleyes::D
Yeah, the money adds up quickly!
I remember sitting down one evening with three binders full of receipts and tallying up the cost of my 1976 Mini build.
$54,986.96 and I am not entirely done with that car yet!
Another $9000.00 should be enough to really finish him!
I can only wonder just how much the KJ will cost when I go SFA on my (our!:rolleyes:) KJ!!!
All you folks will see many Astrix attached to certain parts of my build.
Those are for all the bad words not excepted on these forums.
I'll email them upon request!

Take care Eh!
Ry'

$54,986.96 and still going? thats alot man.... lol

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
As of the 28th. of May, my lift kit has not been shipped yet.
Heather from All J products has informed me that they will be shipping out my Frankenlift some time the first week of June.
My order is on her desk!

Man, I can't wait!

I should also have four Spider Trax 1.25 wheel spacers coming soon.
Also, Who uses Rock Lizard Fabrications KJ Skink Super Sliders?
Are they worth the $415.00 U.S. Dollars? (Thats about $560.00 Canadian!)

I'm curious is all. I wouldn't mind trying to fabricate my own set.
But in the mean time, I thought I'd just buy a pair so I can get out there and have some fun.

Once again, I'll keep everybody updated as the goods come in.

Cheers
Ry'

cmohr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crikey Ryan, thats one heck of a Mini build!!!!!!! Did you ever get onto the Ausmini website, I'm sure there'd be quite a few interested enthusists there that would be very interested in seeing and hearing about it..

My mini build has stalled completely at the moment.... no cash... or time.

Hey have you ever noticed how similar the front ends of the mini and the KJ are, from front on?????

All the best

cmohr

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Crikey Ryan, thats one heck of a Mini build!!!!!!! Did you ever get onto the Ausmini website, I'm sure there'd be quite a few interested enthusiasts there that would be very interested in seeing and hearing about it..

My mini build has stalled completely at the moment.... no cash... or time.

Hey have you ever noticed how similar the front ends of the mini and the KJ are, from front on?????

All the best

cmohr

Yes I have noticed the similarity!;)

I machined material off of the front inner CV joints of my Mini well before I even had a Liberty, let alone knowing about machining a 3/8th of an inch off of the KJ's inner CV joints!

On my Mini it also gave me more suspension articulation.

With my '76 Mini, I can get so much suspension adjust-ability after I fabbed up custom upper shock mounts that allow me to have full extension and compressibility from my front suspension dampeners (Shocks as they called here in North America!) whether I lower it and slam it right down to the ground (1.5 inches from the floor pan to the street! "Maximum "Boy Racer stance!!!:D")
Or raise it up for the maximum off road clearance that I desire. (I've had him at 12 inches of ground clearance from the floor boards to the ground, but I can go as high as 18 inches from the floor pan to the ground!
When I have taken Ned (my nick name for the Mini, Aka Green Hell!)on some high speed runs on wet muddy, rain soaked gravel roads, I need all the clearance I can get!

There have been times where I should of opened my glove compartment and put on the complimentary pair of "Depends" adult diapers!:D:D:D

Now!

My question to you is...
What year and model of Mini do you own?
What is done to your's?

Cheers
Ry'

cmohr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have noticed the similarity!;)

I machined material off of the front inner CV joints of my Mini well before I even had a Liberty, let alone knowing about machining a 3/8th of an inch off of the KJ's inner CV joints!

On my Mini it also gave me more suspension articulation.

With my '76 Mini, I can get so much suspension adjust-ability after I fabbed up custom upper shock mounts that allow me to have full extension and compressibility from my front suspension dampeners (Shocks as they called here in North America!) whether I lower it and slam it right down to the ground (1.5 inches from the floor pan to the street! "Maximum "Boy Racer stance!!!:D")
Or raise it up for the maximum off road clearance that I desire. (I've had him at 12 inches of ground clearance from the floor boards to the ground, but I can go as high as 18 inches from the floor pan to the ground!
When I have taken Ned (my nick name for the Mini, Aka Green Hell!)on some high speed runs on wet muddy, rain soaked gravel roads, I need all the clearance I can get!

There have been times where I should of opened my glove compartment and put on the complimentary pair of "Depends" adult diapers!:D:D:D

Now!

My question to you is...
What year and model of Mini do you own?
What is done to your's?

Cheers
Ry'

Crickey, up to 18 inches!!!!!!!! Thats more than a lot of Jeeps out there :eek:

Mine.... 1966 Morris Cooper "s" Mk1.. Marine Blue with White roof, Shes fairly original really, except for the fully adjustable front end.. I've lowered it by cutting the suspension "Trumpets... Mines still on rubber cones not that fancy Hydrolastic suspension or these new fangled Coil springs :) still, that meant onlt 1.5 inches celarance under the sump so I cant drive in shopping malls that have speed bumps...:)

Motor 1275, bored ot to 1310, balanced blueprinted, ported polished head, big valves, 45 webber side draft, lumpy cam, she used to run 13-1 compression, and redline at 9800rpm, but that was in the old days with leaded petrol, I've actually just had the engine rebuilt again, and had to drop compression down to 9.3-1, for this unleaded fuel we now have... so I'm not expecting as much from her anymore.. It used to run 13secs down the 1/4 mile. I've had it at 120 odd mph in top at 7800rpm.... That was a wild ride..

it still isnt a goer now though, I only just put in the engine after 15yrs and still have a long way to go to get her back on the road...but hey, I've had it for 25 years now so whats another year or so...:rolleyes:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Crickey, up to 18 inches!!!!!!!! Thats more than a lot of Jeeps out there :eek:

Mine.... 1966 Morris Cooper "s" Mk1.. Marine Blue with White roof, Shes fairly original really, except for the fully adjustable front end.. I've lowered it by cutting the suspension "Trumpets... Mines still on rubber cones not that fancy Hydrolastic suspension or these new fangled Coil springs :) still, that meant onlt 1.5 inches celarance under the sump so I cant drive in shopping malls that have speed bumps...:)

Motor 1275, bored ot to 1310, balanced blueprinted, ported polished head, big valves, 45 webber side draft, lumpy cam, she used to run 13-1 compression, and redline at 9800rpm, but that was in the old days with leaded petrol, I've actually just had the engine rebuilt again, and had to drop compression down to 9.3-1, for this unleaded fuel we now have... so I'm not expecting as much from her anymore.. It used to run 13secs down the 1/4 mile. I've had it at 120 odd mph in top at 7800rpm.... That was a wild ride..

it still isnt a goer now though, I only just put in the engine after 15yrs and still have a long way to go to get her back on the road...but hey, I've had it for 25 years now so whats another year or so...:rolleyes:

A 1966 Morris Cooper "s" Mk1 no less!
Very sweet indeed!
I figure one day I'll own a real 1071 "S"

My Mini's are the most expensive addiction there is!
That's why I switched to building up our KJ! Something new to play with.
Mind you, I'm still on the lookout for a Suzuki Samurai 4X4, or Subaru Justy
4X4 and build up a 1965 Mini Traveller "woody" like a miniature 1980's four wheel drive Jeep Grand Wagoneer!

Anyway, back to KJ's now!

Cheers
Ry'

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
I've grown an inch of hair and three shades lighter gray since I ordered my Frankenlift and Backbone!
Canada Customs is probably srcatching their head wondering what a Frankenlift is!
Let alone a Backbone!
Either that or the Rickshaw got a couple of flats! :D

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing I am waiting for now is the extended front bump stops.
I just have to wait a few more days for those.
As it turns out, the wait will come in handy as I slipped and fell in the shower Friday morning and completely F**KED up my left shoulder, left side front and back rib cage area, and my tail bone.

I think we should have a new section on this forum.

What part of the human anatomy did you injure today?

Now Weston and I are both gimps!:D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As it turns out, the wait will come in handy as I slipped and fell in the shower Friday morning and completely F**KED up my left shoulder, left side front and back rib cage area, and my tail bone.

Ouch...hope you didn't have soap in you hand....and touched your eye...

A section like that would be cool....;)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow......hope you are ok........

I just smashed 2 fingers this afternoon and they hurt.........but I got more that are ok.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Wow......hope you are ok........

I just smashed 2 fingers this afternoon and they hurt.........but I got more that are ok.
Dave

The last 3.5 days have been absolutely heinous on me.
I had planned on starting the installation of the A Arm's
and lift kit today!
So instead, I am designing a new and better roof mounted light bar.
So, my time isn't a complete write off.

Cheers

Ry'

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score

Haha I would have a new thread in that section every day! hahaha I'm glad to hear you got everything finally! Did you decide on tires yet? You might aswell go ahead and take that word "stock" off of your signature lol

I'M READY TO SEE PICS!