Tell me what you guys think about this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
DaimlerChrysler does this over in Germany. They tried to convince the NHTSA that this will prevent rear-end wrecks. It really doesn't make a difference since most people don't replace the CHMSL when it blows anyway.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could just lightly tap the brake 3 times before applying in force. Just enough to make the lights come on, but not enough to jerk you around.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt get it. Most of the time when I'm on the highway doing 75, I tap them a few times anyway to get their attention. I dont think I would want it blinking every time I touched the brakes in every situation though (bumper to bumper traffic for example).

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tap also. But for $20 if installation is not a mess, it is not a bad deal.

I think it will wear out your fuses or lightbulbs in heavy traffic and will look awkward, but othwerise I think newest lincolns have this as well. I thought it looks nice. Is it only the center that'll blink 3 times or all three?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
usually pop my hazards on sudden stops in the highway...(at least this way I can keep my foot on the brakes eh..)

I Know the merc's or some has had them for a while..

I wouldnt mind getting it and putting it on if I was bored one weekend..it's cheap enough

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tap the brakes too to wake up people and tell them something is happening up ahead. If I'm really slowing down or almost stopping in a place where someone wouldn't expect it I'll flip the hazards on too.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I tap the brakes regardless of being on the highway or city traffic....try to get as much life out of them as possible.

My neighbor had a Honda Pasport that had the center light that blinked...I saw it one day and said I think there's something wrong with your brake light....he said it's supposed to do that....but thats the first passport i've noticed that did it? I thought it was a cool feature.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also a brake tapper, I think its jsut a polite way of stopping and not shocking the heck out of people when you do.

But more importantly, the detroit drivers are notoriously bad, so I consider it more of a damage deterent.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AnthologyCT said:
AnthologyCT said:

Does anyone know how/where on the KJ you would install this?

Please advise.

Its seems that its just a standard blinker module, with minor modifications. So you can place it anywhere along the line to the upper brake light.

Not sure if it has its own seperate line fromt he fuse box, but I would assume not.

So more than likely the easiest place may be behind one of the rear interior panels.

Someone should email the salespeople and ask for details.