Tail light guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that a lot of you have the Mopar taillight guards. I've seen them range in price from about 70-90 dollars. Are they really worth it for ABS plastic? How do they attach? I wouldn't want Joe Schmo to just walk by and rip them off. Also, can the black plastic be painted to color match? Anyone have success doing this without peeling or flaking off? Thanks

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
got mine as part of a package from the dealer, so in essense they were free...would I buy them...no, it's just for looks, and serves no purpose what so ever. they stick on w/ heavy duty 3m tape. no problems since point of purchase..no peeling on the chrome either....

PatriotBlue02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they may not serve a "purpose", but I think they look pretty cool. i was thinking about getting them for mine -- but i think i want the altezza lights instead. my jaw dropped when i saw the "attached with heavy duty tape" part... dang -- what are they putting are card together with these days! jeez

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
PatriotBlue02 said:
they may not serve a "purpose", but I think they look pretty cool. i was thinking about getting them for mine -- but i think i want the altezza lights instead. my jaw dropped when i saw the "attached with heavy duty tape" part... dang -- what are they putting are card together with these days! jeez

yeah, well, i prefer it taped actaully, cuz if it goes get hooked on something, the tape will rip off along w/ the "guards", as opposed to the ones that's bolted......will rip off the mounting pts..but that chances of that happenning are very slim....really slim

Trail_Rated

Reaction score
I got my guards for $48 cdn two weeks ago. Even the guy behind the service desk was shocked considering all the other ABS plastic guards are almost three times more expensive. The purpose of a tail light is questionable in any circumstance I suppose, but they look cool and hold really well with the tape. Im lucky the cheap ones also best matched my Renegade's met. grey wheels.

Latest posts

Members online