T-case fill plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello there, after looking around the forum and trying to find something in Google I have decided to ask you guys for some help with my problem.

The problem is that about a year or so when i took my jeep to the local shop for an oil change the mechanic told me that i needed to take the jeep to another shop to have the fill plug removed because the bolt was striped. (this was after the 6th or 7th oil change on this shop so guess who striped it) After this I started doing my own oil changes and never really looked back at the T-case but i have neglected it enough so I want to change it. The problem is that the closest dealer is 2:30 hrs away and after ordering one online they said that it can not be sent to P.O boxes so I gave my physical address and they sent it with USPS who does not deliver to my house.

my question is how to get the striped bolt out? I was planing on using some of those easy out bits. and can I use a different bolt from say Napa or auto zone? if so what kind of bolt?

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the bolt from crown automotive. That's where I got mine. If there's enough sticking out you can put some vice grips on it. EZ out would work but if it breaks or you get shavings in the case your in a mess.

The easiest: Try to tack weld a small bolt to it, then remove like normal. The case is aluminum but I don't think the plug is. I'll check mine in the morning with a magnet if it would help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it is an allen bolt if i remember correctly so there is nothing sticking out I read somewhere that hammering in a torx bit has worked for some people i just dont want to brake anything else. the last thing i need is a bad T-case.

do you know the part number of the bolt? the one i had ordered was 68001627AA but I am not even sure if it was the correct one