sway bar bushing and sueaky noise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, this winter I broke a strut and got a crappy BDS/Bilstein suspension rush install on my libby so I can drive it and later change for some real suspension. However this is the worst suspension PERIOD. So I left the jeep at the dealer so he can take a look and see if the suspension is bad of confirm my idea of just crappy. He came back to me saying the suspension was good and he never noticed any hard hit or any old sofa coil noise, but everyone that get in the jeep with me can ear them...wierd...The only thing he could tell me is that the sway bar bushing are done and need to be replaced which is probably true since they are very old. That lead me to 2 questions,
Do it really take 2 to 3 hour to change the front sway bar bushing?
And what can cause the coil spring noise if we take for granted that they are good??

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bushings should only take 30 minutes, with beer, as long as they are not rusted solid (like mine were). Do you have extended bump stops? Does it appear to be hitting anywhere obvious?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
IF.........done right it should be a fairly good lift, BDS aren't that bad and Bilsteins are good shocks. Height, pictures etc maybe needed here

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have extended bump stop. I guess I could install some since it's pretty cheap. For the pic tom I'll try to get you some tonight if I can get it on a leveled surface, which is pretty hard over here at this time of the year XD

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it really take 2 to 3 hour to change the front sway bar bushing?
I did my bushings and end links in my driveway last summer in about an hour. Not sure which it was, or if it was both, but it quieted my front end down quite a bit, especially in the cold.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I smell the catch I'm gonna get the bushing at the garage since they are daystar bushing and I will install them myself. With a little help from my boss ;). Like you and the 2 garage I am used to visit he tell me it's not taking more than 30 minute unless it's stripped or something like that, and if it is, there's always a trick!

Thx guys for the reply!

Latest posts

Members online