Survey on AT tires being used

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
I've run the Kumho Road Ventures on my KJs, and I love them. The road noise in minimal, great on wet and dry road, and great off-road as well. They also don't kill your gas mileage depending on which size you get. I've never had any slippage and never got stuck while offroading with them. Granted, I'm not rock crawling, but I am going through mud, up and down steep and rocky slopes, and even getting one wheel in the air! Never had them go flat or pop and I've put them through some abuse!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Im glad some like the Kumho Road Ventures
I ran a set on the 04 , one set on the 05
hated both sets
We just OK at first, but with 12,000-15,000 or so, wet roads, snow etc they were terrible
Before 30,000 both sets were toast/gone /used up
Granted I do not take it easy on tires, but got over 90,000 out of Duatracs, etc
Plus my almost 90 year old then Stepfather was driving the 05 and putted around slowly

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Toyo Open Country A/T 3 255/65 R16's on my 2005 Libby, unlifted with no rub, great tires on and off the blacktop, they have excellent wet pavement traction and are snow rated. They are also very close to factory tire height so the speedometer is accurate. The increased width really improves cornering too, and they are fairly quiet. Great tires IMO.
They are the widest tires that fit an unlifted 1st generation Liberty Sport, with no rub in my case.
Not the 1st glowing testimonial I've read right here on this forum. Too bad the Open Countries we get, at least in the size I wanted, are a completely different animal.

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of Nokian Rotiiva AT in 245/70R16 and they have not been impressive. The grip in the rain is really quite bad. My Fiance nearly spun the KJ on an offramp last year. They are acceptable for the infrequent snow we get here in Vancouver, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. The (soon to be) brother in law has them on his Xterra and they are equally bad. My Liberty had Bridgestone H/L Alenza plus on 17"s when I bought it and those were fantastic. Incredibly quiet and with really excellent grip in the wet. My next tire (if I don't jump ship to a Land Rover) will be a 245/75R16 or 255/70R16 XL Falken AT3W. From all the testing I've seen they seem to have the best triad of wet grip, snow grip, and off-road grip. The tread looks cool too.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Got the last set of Atturo Trail Blade X/Ts for the Wrangler in Discount Tire’s system being shipped to the local store for install next Monday or Tuesday. 35x12.50R17s, 5 of them. It’ll be good for the trip home to cut down the constant drone from the Chinesium MTs currently installed. Dealers put on the cheapest option they can find to move vehicles.

The 33x12.50R17 takeoffs will be listed locally on CL and FB Marketplace for $400 with over 70% tread still existing. Should be gone quick.

Latest posts

Members online