SURCO Safari rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kolesy

Reaction score
Any know of a good web site to purchase one? I have seen a few but they are all dramatically different in price. Also what mounting adapters will i need? I need some more room since my damn sub box takes up the entire itty bitty trunk and i just want more lights! Thanks for the help in advance!

Silver Streak

Reaction score
I got a real nice basket carrier from Mopar that mounts directly to the side rails that come stock, no cross bars needed. I can mount and dismount it in about five minutes, it looks nice and even has Jeep on the front air foil. It is built from steel tubing and is strong enough i can put the spare tire up there without worries about it bumping the roof. Cost me about three hundred bucks from the dealer, but since it mounts so much lower than the aftermarket racks i think it is worth it.

Silver Streak
`05 Liberty CRD

kolesy

Reaction score
Thanks bennet! I was checking that site out and that is the cheapest i have found everything so far.

Gordo

Reaction score
diesel00 said:
How does it compare to the Surco or other more expensive baskets?
I am not really sure. I have never seen a nice Surco rack up close. This one from overstock seems nice though.

emsox said:
Do I need the crossbars for that?
Yes you would need cross bars for this basket. I am in the process of making my own from materials I bought from Home Depot. It has cost me just over $20 to fab up and it is not too difficult.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
kolesy said:
Thanks! got any pics of it on?

I have not taken any pics of it, but the very next time i do put it on, i will be sure and take some photos. I expect it will be soon. I use it to stow my spare tire when i tow my RV trailer. Makes for a lot more room around the hitch and so forth.
I hope i can post pictures here.. i have never tried.

Silver Streak

kolesy

Reaction score
I hope i can post pictures here.. i have never tried.

Its pretty easy to post pics up here streak. All you need to do is open up an account like, www.photobucket.com. You can uplaod photos from your computer to this site. Then once the pics are uploaded there, underneath them will be an html code. Just copy and paste the code in this section here where you are writing this message. Hope this will help you out. Sorry if I confused ya. I'll be lookin for the pics! Thanks!