Summer detailing!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what's that thing that looks like a fan, the blue thing?

also, what is the extractor for? ha

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Blue thing is called a Grit Guard. It goes into the bottom of the bucket and keeps the dirt and such on the bottom so it doesnt float around in the water and get back onto you mitt then scratch the paint.

You really should use two buckets to wash a vehicle. One with rinse water in it, and one with the soapy solution in it.

Anytime you wash a panel, you rinse your mitt off in the rinse bucket then put it back into the bucket with the soapy solution.

The extractor removes hair and such from carpet and fabrics..

2003KJ

Reaction score
The Blue thing is called a Grit Guard. It goes into the bottom of the bucket and keeps the dirt and such on the bottom so it doesnt float around in the water and get back onto you mitt then scratch the paint.

You really should use two buckets to wash a vehicle. One with rinse water in it, and one with the soapy solution in it.

Anytime you wash a panel, you rinse your mitt off in the rinse bucket then put it back into the bucket with the soapy solution.

The extractor removes hair and such from carpet and fabrics..

Now i've seen, and heard, everything....:rolleyes:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now i've seen, and heard, everything....:rolleyes:

Yup.....you heard (and seen) it here first. Me too.

Jeepster really gets into it. I'll have to put on my shades to view the pic's of his Jeep when he's done messaging it. :D

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, spend some time on detailing forums and you will learn ALOT. :D

You just wait till I get home from summer school and take a pic of ALL my stuff..

Then Ill use it all on my jeep.. Over the course of a few days.. :)

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blake does it the way you're "supposed" to do it. I've tried it that way myself, but not for long. A friend of mine does that same stuff, he'll spend an ENTIRE weekend cleaning and waxing his truck. Me, I go to the local $5 car wash and let it do the work, dry it off and use some "quick wax" and I get the same results that he does....all in about 30 minutes. There's nothing wrong with it, it's a hobby for some people.....I've been made fun of SEVERAL times because I keep mine so clean.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
06Liberty....I was just teasing The Jeepster. I was not making fun of him. I think he realizes that. I've told him before that he does a really good job.

Personally, I do not have the patience to spend the weekend detailing so I applaud him. He does a real professional job if you've seen his pic's. In fact, if I lived closer to him I'd drop off my Jeep at his place and pay him to detail it.

Dave

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I know, I didn't mean it that way. I meant that he does it the "proper" way and that's good! I just don't have the time to spend (or money) to do it that way. I've seen his pics and it's great, I'm a clean freak too, I just don't have all the goodies like he does. I think the total value of my cleaning supplies is like $20. I try to keep mine clean every day, that way I don't have to do a "full detail", just spiffy it up every now and then. Anyway, didn't mean to come off like a jerk....just meant that I've tried it that way, and now I realize that I can get good enough results for me without spending all that money. Everybody's got a hobby, and keep up the good work Jeepster! :cool:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the good words guys!

I know that you were kidding around Dave.. :)

It really is a hobby for me.. I really enjoy being outside.. its kinda like meditating once I get started. I can go all day and only stop once or twice to eat and use the bathroom..

2003KJ

Reaction score
I get harassed for washing mine once/twice a week as well...but i'm not NEARLY as obsessed as Blake.

Alas, I use the ONE bucket method....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed such a good topic to make fun of Blake, oh well.

I use take-your-fat-ass-to-the-car-wash method. :D